2016 Annual Voluntary Fund-Raising

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Well it's that time of year when I write some big checks :) BonsaiNut runs on a virtual private server with 100% SSD storage in a RAID10 configuration, with 4GB of dedicated RAM and 8 TB monthly bandwidth. Additionally we have annual software licensing and product fees. The result of all of this is a super fast site that is secure, with content that is redundantly backed-up... so your 10 year-old threads will still be there 20 years from now :)

BonsaiNut is a free site and will remain so. If you feel like helping with costs of running the site, you can buy me a beer by clicking the "Support our Site" link on the front page. Here's to a successful 2016, and another great year at BonsaiNut.com!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
As much traffic as you get have you considered selling advertising? -0- clue how that works in the digital world, but I wouldn't mind supporting a vendor that assisted in funding the site; all other things near equal..

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
As much traffic as you get have you considered selling advertising? -0- clue how that works in the digital world, but I wouldn't mind supporting a vendor that assisted in funding the site; all other things near equal..

I do sell ads - through Google - on the site. Unfortunately many people today use ad blockers, which really cuts into the ad revenue I receive. Plus, I limit where the ads show up on the site so people don't feel like they are getting spammed non-stop.

It's a tough cycle... the more ads you show the more people use ad-blockers :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I do sell ads hrough Google - on the site. Unfortunately many people today use ad blockers, which really cuts into the ad revenue I receive. Plus, I limit where the ads show up on the site so people don't feel like they are getting spammed non-stop.

It's a tough cycle... the more ads you show the more people use ad-blockers :)
Gotcha. Lol, I see "world of tanks" streaming below now lol. It isn't too bad if it pays the bills!

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
If the ad interests you at all click on it and see what they are offering. Spend a few minutes and support the site. Otherwise, you won't have anything.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If the ad interests you at all click on it and see what they are offering. Spend a few minutes and support the site. Otherwise, you won't have anything.
Plus one on that. I click on things that interest me, it only takes a second and gives the site revenue.... Just sayin...

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I used to use adblock on this site without even thinking. I've since allowed ads on just this site. I've been seeing a lot of golf ads lately, even though I refuse to acknowledge any "fun" in golf.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

This is very true. I CAN'T click on any ads, because it would break my agreement with Google. But advertisers pay big bucks to reach you through this site. So if you see something that interests you, click on the ad, and both groups win :)

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ok, ok, I will click the "online dating- real lonely beauties from Eastern Europe want to date" ad banner! Not because I am interested, but because you said it would help the site! I am willing to take one for the team...

Just don't tell my wife... ;)

Seriously, I did click the link you provided for the "support our site" link and got a broken invoice on pay pal... Is there a pay pal address I can just send a contribution to? I'd kick in enough for a beer for you Bnut... Helluva lot cheaper than driving/ flying across the country to buy it in person!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My paypal invoice worked perfect.

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Same. My paypal said was broken. Try again in 30min. Tried a few times now. Idk maybe cause I'm on a iPad?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Im getting this message
Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Other people are having this issue with PayPal. Trying closing your browser and clearing your browser cache. If you don't know how to do this, I would install ccleaner (the free version)... a great tool that cleans up all the misc temporary junk on your PC with one push of the button.

Also... make sure your cookies are not disabled.

Try clicking the link on another device and see if it works. It DOES work for me and some other members, so I don't know what else to recommend.

Last edited:

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I had to use the donation button on the home page and it went fine for me.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Redwood Ryan - try clicking on the golf ad, you might learn something and find that golf is fun. There is a variety of different ads though.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I ended up with the same error with your direct link. But got along fine by using the home page "support this site" button.

Weird. You would think PayPal would have figured this out by now. I have seen other sites complaining about the problem for several years now...

Top Bottom