2016 US National Bonsai Exhibition

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Saturday, September 10, 2016 - Sunday, September 11, 2016
The schedule has been posted for this year's National Bonsai Exhibition. Time to get your trees in order and start making hotel reservations!

Event Venue:
Total Sports Experience Arena
435 West Commercial Street
East Rochester, New York

Entry submission deadline is June 1, 2016. Who's going?

2016 US Bonsai Exhibition

nbc0.jpg

nbc1.jpg

nbc2.jpg

nbc3.jpg

nbc4.jpg

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Unfortiently my pregnant wife says I can't go to Brussels. The nations or the Japan 2017 big show. Even if she said I could go the tumor in my head probably knock me off befor then lol. I'm going to try and send a tree though if I can find some one close going.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bump

Just bought my tickets for the weekend.

Who else is going? Any interest in a meetup or means to ID each other?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Come join us and see over 300 bonsai, suiseki and more! Over 93 different species and varieties.

Shop in the vendor area filling a soccer field. There are 50 vendors from 25 states.

Eight demos and 18 critiques. All free with admission.

Daily admission $20. Weekend pass $30 ONLY available until September 1.

Visit www.nationalbonsaiexhibition.com

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Come join us and see over 300 bonsai, suiseki and more! Over 93 different species and varieties.

Shop in the vendor area filling a soccer field. There are 50 vendors from 25 states.

Eight demos and 18 critiques. All free with admission.

Daily admission $20. Weekend pass $30 ONLY available until September 1.

Visit: www.usnationalbonsai.com

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
For us its about a five hour drive. I am looking forward to even the drive. By the way, does anyone know how much trouble it would be to cut accross Canada with a tree in the back and make it back home again? That would simplfy the trip a great deal.

Reaction score
For us its about a five hour drive. I am looking forward to even the drive. By the way, does anyone know how much trouble it would be to cut accross Canada with a tree in the back and make it back home again? That would simplfy the trip a great deal.
I know when I went to the ABS convention a few years back in Saratoga Springs NY that about half the trees were from Canada, so clearly people had brought them across. Bill I am sure will know... if he does not chime in here, I would shoot him an email.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Wow only 5 hours for you? It's just over 6 hours for me and I live in the same state....lol

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
Hotels are filling up and Award Banquet seats are limited make plans now you will be glad you did!!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
ADAIR

All admission tickets, weekend passes and banquet tickets can be picked up at the door.

Looking forward to seeing your great pine and shohin bonsai composition soon!
Bill

Guy Vitale

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
New

Vance, it's a huge risk, and I think you would have a very difficult time getting them back into the U.S. USDA is very strict on these matters, they'll fine you just for not declaring an orange. I don't bring any of my trees over to our club for that very reason, that said, I would love to hear what Canadians have to do in order to display their trees in a U.S. show.

Top Bottom