2016 Winter Silhouette Bonsai Expo Kannapolis, NC

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Here's a list of vendors from the show's producer. I don't see Lang on there, checking in to see if this is an oversight.

Julian Adams Adams Bonsai

Russ Adams Nitju Clayworks

Eli Akins Waldo Street Pottery

Sonny Boggs Boggs Bonsai Pottery

Ken Buechele Buechele Bonsai

Mike Cartrett Palm Beach Bonsai

Mark Comstock Comstock Trees

Mark Issenberg Ash Pots

Harold Johnson Triangle Bonsai

Ed Lauer Lauer Bonsai

Michael Livingston Livingston Bonsai Stands

Cullen Mariacher American Bonsai

Brian Mercer Bonsai Learning Center

Owen Reich Bonsai Unearthed

Martin Sweeney Sweeny Trees

William Valavanis International Bonsai

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Here's a list of vendors from the show's producer. I don't see Lang on there, checking in to see if this is an oversight.

Mark Issenberg Ash Pots

Ed Lauer Lauer Bonsai

That sounds like a lot more than last year! Really cool. It would be awesome to see the show grow even larger over the years

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot more than last year! Really cool. It would be awesome to see the show grow even larger over the years

I hope so Joe! Specially for those of us that love deciduous trees, it is the perfect opportunity to show off the beauty of your leafless trees. I love fall but winter may be my favorite season... at least for bonsai. :rolleyes:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I hope so Joe! Specially for those of us that love deciduous trees, it is the perfect opportunity to show off the beauty of your leafless trees. I love fall but winter may be my favorite season... at least for bonsai. :rolleyes:
Many trees look their best during winter. Surprizingly, even pines!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

I agree. There are many early signs that this show could really become a premier event. Great trees, great venue, great vendors, great people. The space is beautiful and has multiple floors so expansion upward would be easy! Shows that take place at Arboretums or Botanical Gardens have the benefit of a "built-in" crowd. This is a destination show and needs ads and word of mouth to continue to grow. Please tell your friends, bring folks and share on social media! Hope to see you there!

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm hoping to make it up there on Saturday. I have photos somewhere of the last 2 years. (I didn't make it to the first one.)

tree4me

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been to the last 2 exhibits. Who makes the decision on trees that are excepted and how do you submit entries. Thinking I may try and submit a tree or two for display. I'll see how they look when the time comes. Though from previous shows my expectations would not be high. There have been some amazing trees.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I believe all it takes is an email request to Steve. As far as I know it's first come first served. He suggests that exhibitors bring trees that look good in the winter.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

Mark Issenberg Ash Pots

Ed Lauer Lauer Bonsai

Officially official... Ron Lang will be there with pots from the 2nd firing of his new gas kiln. #stoked

Grant Hamby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll be there! Stoked to meet some B-Nuts, ha!

And see cool trees.

And buy too many things...

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm hoping to make it up there on Saturday. I have photos somewhere of the last 2 years. (I didn't make it to the first one.)

I forgot I'm on call. If I don't make it, I hope someone will get lots of pictures.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Prepped the trees for the Show this morning. I'll be showing my JBP and using a Shohin Trident ROR as an accent.

I'm sharing a table with my friend Curt Howard, who will be showing a Japanese Maple using a boxwood as an accent.

If you come to the show, please stop by and introduce yourself! It's always nice to put a face to the name!

Dav4 is coming to the show, even though he's waiting until next year to enter a tree.

Mach5 is scheduled to come, Hometeamrocker will be selling pots.

Bill Valalvanis will be there as usual, and I expect there will be many other infamous personalities as well!

I hope to see you this weekend!

Last edited:

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hopefully this is the last twist for me, but I'm planning on being there Saturday, ...hopefully in time for most of Owen's demo.

Top Bottom