A guest in my cold house

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am lucky that I get to store this magnificent trident in my cold house for the rest of this winter! A friend of mine wanted to step up his bonsai game, and there's no better way to do it than to up your material. So Don showed me this guy and now it's sitting on one of my benches. I'm hoping that my friend will introduce himself and start his own thread on this tree once work begins. That's a 17" trainer it's sitting in now, inside a real nice Sara Raynor pot.

This has such potential, piglet has a new classmate...
IMG_6469.jpeg IMG_6470.jpeg

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
If your friend was hoping to step up his game, without reference to older material he might have worked on, I'm going to suggest that they probably succeeded:):eek::):eek:....that's a seriously serious base and trunk...yowza!!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If your friend was hoping to step up his game, without reference to older material he might have worked on, I'm going to suggest that they probably succeeded
Well I have to admit, that I had a hand in this deal :D:D:D... and he's seen some nice material, having gone to shows.

Yes this tree is going to be fab given the time and the right direction. As always better in person, I'm just glad that he picked this one up (so is my husband as I was drooling on this one:rolleyes:) so I can watch it continue, and I get to help! I am really happy to be able to mentor someone in the process, I feel like this forum filled that position in some ways while I was "growing up" so to speak. And Don has always been there for me with the right material, so I'm happy to help someone else move up.
Owen is coming to do a work day with us in March, that should be lots of fun, he's also bringing a nice eastern white cedar for my friend that he picked up as well.

IMG_8977.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So this here friend is actually a real person?

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Sorce
Honest sweetheart. I'm just keeping it here for a friend.
I'll be looking at the bank statements to try to figure out where the $1500.00 went.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Sorce
Yup. Trying to coerce him into joining the forum, maybe he'll do that and intro himself here. It's so nice to have someone like minded to speak the trees with in person. And getting to hunt for good material is always so much fun.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hobby...you know, to keep one grounded. Looks like someone's not listening. At least they have good taste about it;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yup. Trying to coerce him into joining the forum, maybe he'll do that and intro himself here. It's so nice to have someone like minded to speak the trees with in person. And getting to hunt for good material is always so much fun.
Is it your husband's?

Top Bottom