Cjr BC forest #6

He might donate this one to National Bonsai & Penjing Meseum. I have seen it in person. It is big and nicely arranged. Looks like it hasn't been moved since it was put together late March. That spot looks familiar.
I am planning to mount the big forest on a 1 1/2" plywood slab with carry handles so I can drag it any where in the yard I wish. At the current spot, it gets 4 hours of morning sun, perfect for tender development. It will be moved next month to a spot with more sun.

How do you plan to move all these trees up here to the Philly area? Ten U-Haul trucks filled with giant bonsai trees?
It will be two trips with U-Haul largest trailer. I will build temporary shelves so I can stack the bonsai.

It will be two trips with U-Haul largest trailer. I will build temporary shelves so I can stack the bonsai.
I can help you load them up when that day comes. Can't say about helping you loading it out of the U-Haul though... still don't think I can get out of the house more than a day.

I can help you load them up when that day comes. Can't say about helping you loading it out of the U-Haul though... still don't think I can get out of the house more than a day.

I'm local to Philly, and it would be fun to see the trees in person. Shoot me a PM if you need help unloading on a weekend.

It will look decent in 5 years. After that is all refinement that takes forever. My experience is that it will be pleasing to my eyes in 3 years. That is all that matter.
That’s an excellent plan and realistic great view of your objectives.

You're moving out of Louisiana? The local bald Cypress population is rejoicing.
The trees don't have that level of joy. However, my friend will miss my management of the bald cypresses in his crawfish pond. The large BCs are thriving and the pond water is open for crawfish farming.

The root pruning to fit these trees into a 26" pot was very severe. All the roots were pruned to the bottom of the buttresses. For the tree to survive, they will have to sprout roots from the base stumps. This is pushing the BCs as hard as I ever had without turning them essentially into cuttings. I will have to really baby this forest.
Being that they are BC, could you fully or semi submerge the entire pot ?

Being that they are BC, could you fully or semi submerge the entire pot ?
Yes but my practice up to date has been to keep the BC well watered but drained when in recovery from drastic pruning. I will only submerge healthy BCs. I believe that submerging BCs actually stress the trees. Healthy BCs will respond with vigorous growth, particularly in the root growth to try to stabilize itself. Non healthy BCs will struggle. This is only my opinion. Other BCs experts may differ from my view.
Once this forest is growing well, which I expect to be soon. I will submerge the forest.

Yes but my practice up to date has been to keep the BC well watered but drained when in recovery from drastic pruning. I will only submerge healthy BCs. I believe that submerging BCs actually stress the trees. Healthy BCs will respond with vigorous growth, particularly in the root growth to try to stabilize itself. Non healthy BCs will struggle. This is only my opinion. Other BCs experts may differ from my view.
Once this forest is growing well, which I expect to be soon. I will submerge the forest.
cool. nice to hear from experience. Have you ever set up an ebb and flow system to well....flood and drain a few times a day?

cool. nice to hear from experience. Have you ever set up an ebb and flow system to well....flood and drain a few times a day?
That is way more than I care to do at this time.

Back
Top Bottom