Double trunk pyracantha

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Last year at my work we had a 5gl pyracantha die back about halfway, my boss told me to right it off and get it out of there so I did!
Oddly of all the pictures I take, there are non of this trees progress over the last year.
Today I did a little trimming and helped the tree drop last year's leaves by defoliation. I did repot it into a large bulb pan this spring to start the transition from 5gl pot to a bonsai pot.
This tree has been all clip n' grow until today when it actually got 2 wires put on! Lol

This thing is no show stopper but it is a fun one.

Front20160508_081827.jpg
Right side20160508_081948.jpg
Rear20160508_081957.jpgAnd our left.20160508_082005.jpgAnd the birds eye view (front of tree is to the right)20160508_082023.jpg
Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Aaron

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is almost a dead ringer for BVFs pyracantha about 60 years ago!

Grow grow grow!

Sorce

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
This thing has grown well this year, it didn't flower but that's alright maybe next year!View attachment 115369
Aaron

I have one that's going to get a pot next year, there great trees. The only thing that jumps out at me is the right trunk is very parallel to the middle section of the main trunk. I would think that maybe letting the main trunk grow uncheck to gain girth and chopping lower on the second trunk and regrowing a new leader on it. Granted do this in spring

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have one that's going to get a pot next year, there great trees. The only thing that jumps out at me is the right trunk is very parallel to the middle section of the main trunk. I would think that maybe letting the main trunk grow uncheck to gain girth and chopping lower on the second trunk and regrowing a new leader on it. Granted do this in spring
Always nice to have the perspective of another set of eyes! I'd never noticed how perfectly parallel they are. Not a bad idea you've got, I'll probably end up doing just that!

Aaron

Top Bottom