Fear not! AKA more site work...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Something about the New Year makes me want to brush up the site... I just wanted to let people know I have updated all the site software, fixed the most notorious bugs on my bug list, and am 'experimenting' with new features. If you see the site behaving badly... it is probably something I am testing.

I will let you all know when I am done... :p

[EDIT] Ok I am going to stop making site changes for a bit to let things settle and allow me to work through any possible issues due to my changes :) [/EDIT]

Last edited:

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Thanks for all you do.

When I sign in and check the Remember Me I often have to resign in again, particularly when going to New Post from initial home page. Just a nit.

Thanks again and have a blessed New Year

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks for all you do.

When I sign in and check the Remember Me I often have to resign in again, particularly when going to New Post from initial home page. Just a nit.

Thanks again and have a blessed New Year

Can you confirm this is happening NOW? I thought I had killed this bug in the last couple of days...

Could you (1) sign in on the home page (hit remember me) and then hit the F5 key. You should stay signed in.

(2) Go to the forums page. You should stay signed in. Hit the F5 key. You should stay signed in.

(3) Go to any thread. You should stay signed in. Hit the F5 key. You should stay signed in.

Let me know if you get logged out, and at what part of this process you get logged out.

Thank you!!

jomawa

Shohin
Reaction score
... I just wanted to let people know I have updated ...

I just want you to know you are very much appreciated for it. Probably most will never let you know just how much. So, thanks bunches. Being a new-b that's as close as I can come to putting it in bonsai terms. Hopefully many others will weigh in with a flood of the proper terms.

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The only problem I've had in the last couple of days was in writing replies in threads. I am not able to edit the thread I quoted, and one time, it carried over a comment I made to a different person. It's no biggie, though. I'm sure everyone got the idea I was trying to get across.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks for the work you do Head Nut! I've noticed that your icon no longer shows up next to an OP's icon when scrolling through threads. That was helpful because it let me know if I had responded to that thread or not.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The only problem I've had in the last couple of days was in writing replies in threads. I am not able to edit the thread I quoted, and one time, it carried over a comment I made to a different person. It's no biggie, though. I'm sure everyone got the idea I was trying to get across.

We'll have to let the dust settle. I was actually doing a lot of work on the site while it was still online. I didn't want to turn it off when there were 100 people online :) The problem with keeping it online, however, is that while I was making changes you could very well have experienced strange problems. You might have been composing a post, while I was updating the site in the background, then you went to post... and suddenly the site thought you were logged off, or the cached version of the site (on your PC) wasn't the same as the site on the server. Believe it or not, I experience the same things, and it can be complicated when I am trying to debug something while the site is live. I have to save the changes to the site, close my browser, purge my browser cache, then come back to the site and relog in - because otherwise I won't see a clean reload of the site. It's all good once you get used to it... but for people who are using the site it can cause some temporary confusion :)

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks for the work you do Head Nut! I've noticed that your icon no longer shows up next to an OP's icon when scrolling through threads. That was helpful because it let me know if I had responded to that thread or not.

It SHOULD still be there. It is something I did not change. I still see my icon on threads that I have responded to...

Take a second look and see if it is still there. If not, I will want to work with you on debugging it because I agree that is a nice feature.

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Admin,
Seems like the pages are no longer loading as slowly as they were. Thanks!
CW

Dalmat

Shohin
Reaction score
It SHOULD still be there. It is something I did not change. I still see my icon on threads that I have responded to...

Take a second look and see if it is still there. If not, I will want to work with you on debugging it because I agree that is a nice feature.
Same here as with Ryan.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A

No such luck. I just noticed the problem with the "Forum member in stress" thread. It also doesn't appear with this announcement either.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I'm on mobile currently and nothing has changed. I'll check the desktop version in the morning.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The only problem is sometimes on my cell phone, when I search something like 'Cherry' that I know can be found in previous threads, it says "No results found". Then I search it a second time and it works.

Idk.

Also, I only use my phone so I am not sure if it happens on PC.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hey Ryan; In a couple of hours when I have time to work on the site, I am going to log in using your account just to see if the issue is with your account, or perhaps with something to do with your system. If I can log in with your account and cause the problem on my work PC, that will tell me a lot.

I'll send you an email when I do this because it will require me to reset your password. I do not have access to peoples' passwords for security reasons.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The plot thickens. I don't know what the problem is... but it appears to be related to your hardware (perhaps Internet cache?). I just logged into the site using your account, and I see the avatar in the forum listing just fine:

screenshot-www bonsainut com 2016-01-07 08-15-38.png

By the way - this screenshot was not from my work computer (since I know the site appears fine from that computer). Just to be doubly safe, I logged in to the site on a separate computer that I don't use for any site work, so it didn't have any Internet content cached, and had not logged into the site in months...

I have sent you an email with your new password. You can reset it to your old password or just leave it the way it is...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Everything works great for me.
Thank you for all of the fine work but most of all thank you for the forum.

Top Bottom