Fish Stories

PierreR

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2a
fish3jpeg_2.jpg

North Atlantic cod. The tub is 36" long for scale.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Me and a 51/2 pound smallmouth. Last year spawning tournament pre fishing. 1/4 oz. shake head jig and 4" green pumpkin robo worm.
Nephew and a 81/2 pound largemouth! This spring. Also caught off her spawning bed. 1/2 oz. Texas rig with a white sweet beaver. Big bass of the tournament. IMG_20130414_020119.jpg 2015-09-30 10.02.30.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Balls Atrox!

Love it!

Sorce

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great pics guys, nice to know there's others here that share the love of fishing and the outdoors. Fishing and the outdoors are pretty much my main passion in life. Been a die hard angler since I was able to hold a rod in my hand back in the early 1970's and fell in love with fly fishing about 1989 and have not put down the fly rod for the past 25+ years. I just love catching any species on a fly. Pretty much my entire life revolves around my fishing trips these days, even quit a good paying welding job 11 years ago so I could start up my own custom fly rod business and have been doing that since 2004. Converted my basement into my rod shop/office and spend about 8-10 hours per day building rods. I don't make the money I use to make as a certified TIG welder but now I don't have a clock to punch that interferes with my fishing trips to the Au Sable so IMO it's a trade off I'm happy with. My fishing buddy calls up on the spur of the moment and says lets hit the river then I can shut the shop down and point the car North without having to ask a boss:D

I've got hard drives full of all sorts of fish pictures lol, but I'll just share a few from the past year as to not bore anyone too much. The last pic is a cool one you guys will appreciate, because it's a few of my rods I built leaning on a fallen tree in one of my favorite spots on the Au Sable and the tree has a great look to it like a large gnarly bonsai trunk.

fishpic1.jpg

fishpic2.jpg

fishpic4.jpg

fishpic5.jpg

fishpic6.jpg

fishpic7.jpg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of the largest cedars in Michigan is just down from the dam in Mio.
Oh,I'll be keeping an eye out for you. If your up you will recognize me by my loud gold colored Ford Explorer and my svelte 6'3" 300 lb. bald headed body. I'm usually smiling too.
Smiling because I woke up again and have another chance to kick the world's ass.

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I've always imagined my own thought process to be similar to that of a carp, hence the moniker.
My older brother's always said my mind was more of a sweet potato.

At any rate, I hate to see so many of my like-minded friends in the hand's of killers.
You torture the scales of these fish in the same way you torture the feeble minded like myself.
Shame on you who walk on top of those who can not hold themselves up.

C wut I did thar?

Top Bottom