From bonsai pot back to organic soil?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
if its a one time 7-8 months, I'd vote for leaving in the current situation and working out a good watering system. If it may happen over winter, then it will be more difficult than summer. There are also places that do tree boarding during winter so that may be an option.
It would be likely one time thing, with periods of a week or two away at times. The thing is this will be in a completely different part of the country that I won't know until about a year from now, so it's interesting.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Also worth considering if there is a nursery or bonsai friend that would foster them in your absence.
I don't really have a learg enough or valuable enough collection to do that in my opinion. My wife kept all my cacti alive last time I was gone, so if I incorporated a timed water system woth a bit of her monitoring it nay be the best option, and I have time now to plan and acquire some materials.

PowerTap

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I don't really have a learg enough or valuable enough collection to do that in my opinion. My wife kept all my cacti alive last time I was gone, so if I incorporated a timed water system woth a bit of her monitoring it nay be the best option, and I have time now to plan and acquire some materials.
A good mil spouse is a great spouse if you can find em. 🫡

Top Bottom