Michigan Native Collector

Those aren't all that weird. Native names are pretty common. It's the English names that are freakin weird. There is also a Bugtussle Texas, Dime Box, Texas, as well a Cut and Shoot, DIng Dong and Jot 'em Down. Here in Va, we've got Tight Squeeze which is a short drive from Climax (I don't want to know the origin story there...)
I've actually been to all of the above, as I have been to Show Low, Purgatory, Globe, Surprise, Tombstone, Bagdad, and Three Way (another possibly unnerving origin story) Arizona šŸ˜

Hi to all from Kalamazoo! I have lived here all my life, and the story I learned in grade school is that the city was built in the area of the Potowatomi Tribe of Native Americans. They referred to this area as "Kalamazoo" which means 'boiling pots' because of the naturally occurring fogginess in the marshy areas here. In our downtown city park, Bronson Park, we have a Native American mound carefully preserved. There are still Potowatomi peoples in the area.

If I have mistakenly used offensive language I apologize. I have great respect for the Native Peoples and would not want to offend.

Thanks for listening to my TEDTalk. Now back to your usual bonsai programming.

Welcome Aboard Bonsai Nut!

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

cheers
DSD Sends

Back
Top Bottom