Minnesota winter storage questions...... only mn or colder please reply

Even though I kindly asked for MN residence advice right in the heading , some people want to disregard what I was asking for and respond anyways, then get offended when I point out again what I was looking for, probably the same people that throw in their 2 cents all the time, whether their advice was asked for or not. I didnt mean to offend anyone but please follow directions
Maybe they identify as Minnesotans for the duration of their responses.

Ever think of that?

Huh?

Huh?

I think it reflects a trend in society where "if you have a different view, you are wrong & my enemy" seems to be the default in communication, causes sides to form and arguments to result in fights. Sad to see.

I'm noticing somewhat the same effect on numismatic forums. It seems advanced hobbyists in every field are just aging and getting a bit pooped.
Questions border on the inane and VERY ignorant.
It's almost like the forums are the FIRST foray into the hobby/s.
Seemingly no reading of any books on their field.

Of course....even .... BOOKS are phasing out as we enter deeper into our brave new world.

🤔

I'm noticing somewhat the same effect on numismatic forums. It seems advanced hobbyists in every field are just aging and getting a bit pooped.
Questions border on the inane and VERY ignorant.
It's almost like the forums are the FIRST foray into the hobby/s.
Seemingly no reading of any books on their field.

Of course....even .... BOOKS are phasing out as we enter deeper into our brave new world.

🤔
There's often little recourse for anyone engaging in the hobby while on a tight budget. I can spend $30 on books about bonsai and wait until the next time I have spare cash, or I can spend $20 on supplies and ask online, then still have enough for a six pack for the weekend.
You're otherwise left with your local library, and, well...
... there's what I found when I tried that.
No clubs in my region of the state, no garden centers or nurseries with anyone who knows what they're talking about either.
For many of us, the forums and YouTube are our only reasonable options.

Still, there is the search function. I often spend years just lurking and searching on a forum before I sign up or ask questions. I take notes, bookmark pages, save photos etc. on topics I am currently interested in, or even might be interested in the future.
90% of my questions get answered in this manner. I would never dream of asking for advice on a public forum and then criticizing or disrespecting the answers in any way.

Ooh, I'm allowed to respond!
Minneapolis seems to have a low of around -15C which is around the same temperature we get. Sometimes a lil colder.

Winter protection?
Nah. I get trees that either survive or die that cold. If they die, good on them. Saves me a bunch of work for the next decade.
If they live, good on them, they get to stay outdoors for life.
Rain or snow waters them. Frost and winds do the branch refinement.
It is a fine balance between seasons, see. Because in the summer I care about and care for. In winter, hell can freeze over before I give a hoot. It's the off season.

Superposition of the bonsai; if you don't look, it's both dead and alive.
Anything that doesn't make it, wasn't killed by me, it was the weather. 🤷‍♂️

You know, I guess someone willing to do research on your behalf would provide more reliable information than someone who shoots from their own garden's rosehips.

So props to @bonsaiDerek for not giving a shit about what people think!

Sorce

Back
Top Bottom