Need help, free starter

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
So as some of you know starting about 15 years ago I began selling starter size and pre-bonsai. I did this pretty much non-stop until 2018 when I left Las Vegas. Well I have decided to start up again here's where I need help.

The first person to post here and agrees to help, I will send a free starter. I'll pay postage and everything.

I need one person that has bought trees online that would give me solid feedback. I am aware that the current batch is small in size but if you would like a Texas Ebony, La Jolla Bougainvillea, ficus microcarpa, or a really small little Ollie olive shoot me a message and I will tell you what I need from you.

What do you need help with, I’d love to help. I sell starters from time to time and routinely send trees around the country and also buy starters from various Etsy sellers and plants from online nurseries.

What do you need help with, I’d love to help. I sell starters from time to time and routinely send trees around the country and also buy starters from various Etsy sellers and plants from online nurseries.
Thanks my friend, I'll message you in a bit. I'm chatting between sets at the gym. Lol

I'm looking forward to more folks providing starter trees on here! Unfortunately, I don't think any of those species make my shortlist for adding to my collection, which I fear is already a bit too large for my experience level.

I'd be interested in helping for a bougainvillea starter to experiment with. I have enough of my own ficus microcarpa cuttings and I have only do much room for other warm climate plants.

Too bad I was reading a book when you posted, lol. Pretty much everything I have has been bought online, so I'd be happy to give you what info you're looking for. BTW I bought lots of starter's from @milehigh_7 back when he was selling them. They were a good value and packed and shipped carefully.

So as some of you know starting about 15 years ago I began selling starter size and pre-bonsai. I did this pretty much non-stop until 2018 when I left Las Vegas. Well I have decided to start up again here's where I need help.

The first person to post here and agrees to help, I will send a free starter. I'll pay postage and everything.

I need one person that has bought trees online that would give me solid feedback. I am aware that the current batch is small in size but if you would like a Texas Ebony, La Jolla Bougainvillea, ficus microcarpa, or a really small little Ollie olive shoot me a message and I will tell you what I need from you.
Well, obviously long from the first, but please let me know when you have trees for sale, and I will gladly support your venture. Tired of searching, everywhere, for decent starter material.

If you have a list of species that you are focusing on or plan to have, please let me know.

On a side note, I would love to pick you brain on what you are doing and how. I have a 2 year plan and will be scaling up myself.

So the big thing guys is I want to know if I can ship during this time of year and have the trees arrive healthy. I won't sell anything until I'm sure. I have one going to the east coast and one to North Dakota. Stuff is in the mail so I should know by Thursday or Friday. :) I appreciate all the responses! You guys rock!

What species are you planning to carry? Any in addition to the above? I love ebony, but I think it gets a bit too cold here.

So the big thing guys is I want to know if I can ship during this time of year and have the trees arrive healthy. I won't sell anything until I'm sure. I have one going to the east coast and one to North Dakota. Stuff is in the mail so I should know by Thursday or Friday. :) I appreciate all the responses! You guys rock!
I am in Palm Desert. Currently 112, and has been for a week. I had a dawn redwood take a week (thanks USPS) from Florida, but was fine. But they're tough, AND it was prepped and packaged really well.

Had 2 Raintrees arrive fine the week before that, and have 2 junipers in the UPS system now.

As long as they are packaged well, wrapped with wet paper towel, saran wrapped over that, etc. you should be good.

Apologies, should have read your WHOLE post.

Bougainvilla's are about all that will work here. Let me know when your ready.

Would also like to discuss how you are scaling up your operation. Part of my plan for next year.

Back
Top Bottom