Opinions on starting a "Heads Up Deal Spotter" thread.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap BRT pre bonsai 30 dollar range maybe? not sure if that is a reasonable budget or not, those black pines seem like a good deal if you are in Cali. I got a buddy in Cali, hes going to be my mule lol. I'm into knives too, im working on a making a kiridashi out of tool steel for as my grafter, and a hunting blade with a antler handle, would like find a good deal on on an Emerson karambit too hah.

my club is having a bonsai auction on September 28th in ann arbor, supposedly, there is usually some good stuff to be had there.

For knives join The Usual Suspects Network.

10-brink

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
my club is having a bonsai auction on September 28th in ann arbor, supposedly, there is usually some good stuff to be had there.

That's where I got my first bonsai last year

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Here is the problem with those.
Yes they are cheap, but they have absolutely no work done toward bonsai other than the fact that they are in a pot.
The trunks are pretty much ram rod straight and have never seen wire. You will have a hard time getting any nice movement into them at this point.
If you want to get some young trees and grow them up, Id suggest getting even younger ones that you can actually get some wire on and movement into the trunks.

Now pic 3 (the larger trunk with the low buds) might be something doable if you want a short, fat tree some day. Keep the main trunk as sacrifice and cultivate some of those low buds for a tree,

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Here is the problem with those.
Yes they are cheap, but they have absolutely no work done toward bonsai other than the fact that they are in a pot.
The trunks are pretty much ram rod straight and have never seen wire. You will have a hard time getting any nice movement into them at this point.
If you want to get some young trees and grow them up, Id suggest getting even younger ones that you can actually get some wire on and movement into the trunks.

Now pic 3 (the larger trunk with the low buds) might be something doable if you want a short, fat tree some day. Keep the main trunk as sacrifice and cultivate some of those low buds for a tree,
Those are young prebonsai trees. In other words, you buy them and do the work yourself. Otherwise, you aren't getting them for $10.
These trees need time and development. You aren't going to plop them in a shallow pot and expect to have a nice looking bonsai. But, in 7-10 years you should have something worth putting in a bonsai pot.
They look young and pliable to me, so creating movement through bending should be no issue whatsoever. And a couple have low branches perfect for directional pruning and developing new leads and trunk movement.
You can figure out whether or not you should buy them based on your own skills and needs.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Trident in the main pic for 100 bucks and negotiable:) http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/grd/5808355567.html
00Q0Q_fvxZl226LS3_1200x900.jpg

Top Bottom