Pocket Knives

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Are you collecting based off value from age, quality of craftsmanship, what you think is cool looking...? I bought a few knives about two years ago, but I didn't get super into it.. I want one with the Damascus steel blades! I bought a buck knife, but it came from China, I think it was a fake! LOL

PierreR

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2a
Here are a couple I made.
IMG_0756_zps9259f843.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture959.jpg

Picture844.jpg

Picture734A.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice.

A long time Ago, say, like, early 1990's, when we used to go to Colorado. A family from Texas used to go every same week.

I had a good friend my age, he gave me a Buck Knife, and his father said I have to give him a penny, some kind of tradition.

I always think about that when I think pocket knives.

I always wanted to kill a rattlesnake with it, But of course, as soon as I get a good idea, the opportunity never again presents itself.

Shame. So on Mexican day for lunch , I took some honey, and slapped it on a pine. Couple hours later, we had like 6 black bears. It was a drought year.
Ha ha ha! My Moms friend got her cooler clawed up, a he still has it! Real cool!

Anyway, next time I'm buying soil at Napa, I might have to get you a symbolic one for the collection!

Bear, the knives are awesome!

Sorce

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorce,

the idea is when money crosses hands, it is truly yours. Khaimraj got a heavy duty iron kiln, English made for 1 Trinidad $. Matures Egyptian Paste Pottery, beautifully.
Knives, Chinese chopper, Tai Chi swords, heavy duty swords, bamboo flutes ........................................
Good Day
Anthony

PierreR

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2a
Wow! Those are crazy cool!
Thanks guys. Didnt want to hijack Smokes thread. You mentioned damascus so I thought Id post a couple different types. There are 4 types here. The second knife is actually made from 1 1/8" steel cable, the main lift line on a drilling rig. All are pocket sized besides maybe the last up styled tactical, its a pocket clip, and a bit more of a handfull.

PierreR

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2a
Any pocket knife collectors out there. I started fairly recently, like about three months. This is what I have so far.

View attachment 85373
Great start! Been thinking of getting a toothpick. Case made some a little bit ago with mammoth tooth scales. Either that, or one I remember one my dad used to carry all the time, an IXL. He always remarked how good the steel was "best I've ever found". I bought him a new one before he passed, but the steel didn't measure up. He kept his old one with him.

Last edited:

music~maker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Any pocket knife collectors out there. I started fairly recently, like about three months. This is what I have so far.

View attachment 85373

I have a few, but you've collected more in 4 months than I have in 20 years. ;-) I really like the ones in the upper left. Interesting design I don't recall seeing before.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The design of those is called a Texas Toothpick. These are made by Hammer and Imperial, (same company, just different decades). The two are called candy stripes, celluloid handles that are fragile and ruin iron from gas off.. They were so ugly not many people bought them and so they are rare. These are from the thirties and the two longer ones are 8.5 inches long when open. I collect interesting things but they have to be vintage or older. I'm not into newer knives. While Pierre's are beautiful, modern knives are .....well.. modern:D

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The design of those is called a Texas Toothpick. These are made by Hammer and Imperial, (same company, just different decades). The two are called candy stripes, celluloid handles that are fragile and ruin iron from gas off.. They were so ugly not many people bought them and so they are rare. These are from the thirties and the two longer ones are 8.5 inches long when open. I collect interesting things but they have to be vintage or older. I'm not into newer knives. While Pierre's are beautiful, modern knives are .....well.. modern:D
I was thinking that Pierre's knives have a timeless look. I would trade all of the pocket knives I have for one of his!

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Damn son! That looks like a prison shank! I ain't messing with DJtommy!
hehe, not really though, its called higonokami, while mine isnt vintage the design is pretty much the same for over 100 years.
pretty cheap and common knife here

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

View attachment 85373

I've owned like 6 or 7 of the knives pictured. A couple of the Texas toothpicks a Barlow and the third from bottom left row.

Top Bottom