Road Dog Boxwood

Carl

Seedling
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I found this on the curb whili out riding bicycles with my daughter. I was able to balance it on the handle bar so I shlepped it home, cut off all the Erie out exposed roots, stuck it in a spare container, and filled with expanded shale and left over reclaimed bonsai soil. It seems to have made it a few days so maybe it'll survive. If I'd does not look like good bonsai material I can always pop it into the landscape somewhere.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't look bad!

Nice!

Sorce

Carl

Seedling
Reaction score
Thanks source. Thanks Rid. As soon as I figure out how I will change the title.

It is also a dual planting. I'll have to figure out if I want to try to save both trunks or just keep the more developed one. I cut quite a bit out to let in some sun. I guess I have to learn about Hollies now also.

A trunk, a triangle, and some leaves. How hard can it be? Yeah right, sheesh. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Carl, I have collect a few "Road Kill" box wood in the past. They were large and I split them with an axe, potted in old soil and let them go. I have found them to be pretty tough, but very slow growing. Yours should be fun and your daughter will have a fun memory of dad riding home with a tree on the handle bars... which will always beat growing a tree!:cool:

Carl

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey Carl, welcome! Where you from?
Just so happens I have a Boxwood for you. 25% off cuz your NEW!View attachment 115021it is posted in another thread for $160, take 25% off and it's yours!
I am from Mom but living in Texas (DFW area). Thanks for the offer. I am not really looking to but plant stock at present. Heck, I was not looking for this either, it just happened. However, if I do see one on the road I may risk the wrath of SWMBO and pick it up.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am from Mom but living in Texas (DFW area). Thanks for the offer. I am not really looking to but plant stock at present. Heck, I was not looking for this either, it just happened. However, if I do see one on the road I may risk the wrath of SWMBO and pick it up.
Hey! What do you know? So am I! How is she?
LMAO! We are brothers?!?

Carl

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey! What do you know? So am I! How is she?
If you can call to find out, do it! Now would be a good time.

I can't anymore, but sure wish I could!

Top Bottom