Suthin special!

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
A look at the temp and humidity at 5:30pm in the greenhouse:) Humidity will go up another 15% in 30 minutes or so, I had the door and vent open while I was arranging the tree's in there.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Last tree for the year ? Lol Wish something like that would just "show up" on my doorstep.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another great tree! Don seems to be the man that is able to supply a steady supply of quality trees! Good on you for buying quality.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice tree, though I think your front is the last few pictures.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
What kind of pot is that? Its better than the other, but still not right.
You dropped your toothbrush, just an fyi.

IDK exactly who makes the pot. On the bottom it has a JW or a WP, kinda hard to make it out.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Did some wiring on this tree, trimmed the roots and put it in a shallower pot with much better soil.:)View attachment 129072
Joe, let's look at the wiring on that bottom right branch. Looks like you started at the Y close to the trunk and wired out 2 1/2 turns with the brown wire. (I would have started with the anchor on top, but that doesn't matter.). And then you doubled up.

You stopped right before another Y. At this Y, you started again at a crotch, this time with black wire. And again you doubled up.

The problem is, the brown wire ends, and the black wire starts. They don't overlap anywhere. That is, at least one piece of the brown wire should go up one leg of the next Y for 1 1/2 turns. Then when the black wire is added, that 1 1/2 turns where the two wires, one brown and one black, lay side by side, the black wire is anchored by the brown wire. As it stands now, there's nothing holding them together to act as a single unit. If you tried to bend the branch down, it could break at that spot instead of bending.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Here is a video explaining wire placement.

Random User

Reaction score
That trunk looked like a cross between a lobster and an octopus the first time I glanced at it... nice.

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Joe, let's look at the wiring on that bottom right branch. Looks like you started at the Y close to the trunk and wired out 2 1/2 turns with the brown wire. (I would have started with the anchor on top, but that doesn't matter.). And then you doubled up.

You stopped right before another Y. At this Y, you started again at a crotch, this time with black wire. And again you doubled up.

The problem is, the brown wire ends, and the black wire starts. They don't overlap anywhere. That is, at least one piece of the brown wire should go up one leg of the next Y for 1 1/2 turns. Then when the black wire is added, that 1 1/2 turns where the two wires, one brown and one black, lay side by side, the black wire is anchored by the brown wire. As it stands now, there's nothing holding them together to act as a single unit. If you tried to bend the branch down, it could break at that spot instead of bending.

Okay I reworked it a little bit last night, is this a little better?

Attachments

• IMG_20170117_211756015.jpg
    IMG_20170117_211756015.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom