Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Gone as received, just shared, enjoy.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have read this many times and every time I do I need to rush out and think about me shimpaku!
I especially like this comment:

''Because he believes that the Shimpaku bonsai today “are crafted too much,” he is working hard not to spoil the natural atmosphere of these trees from the mountains''.

Rusty Davis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Good read with some great old pictures. Thank you

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
This Sierra is top quality.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170106-074515.png
    Screenshot_20170106-074515.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 25

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Actually, I reassembled that article after scouring the Wayback Machine, and using a printed copy of the original, retyped the whole article, placed the photos back into the right places, and posted it on my blog a few years ago. It took hours of work to recreate:

https://nebaribonsai.wordpress.com/the-shimpaku-juniper-its-secret-history-from-kindai-shuppan-2003/

Last edited:

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Actually, I reassembled that article after scouring the Wayback Machine, and using a printed copy of the original, retyped the whole article, placed the photos back into the right places, and posted it on my blog a few years ago. It took hours of work to recreate:

https://nebaribonsai.wordpress.com/the-shimpaku-juniper-its-secret-history-from-kindai-shuppan-2003/

Somebody shared my link on Facebook recently, and Morton reached out to me in December asking permission to share it on his website. I agreed, thinking he would reblog it, not copy/paste it and not attribute my site. I asked him to credit my site after he posted it, which he did, and now it's gone again. How odd.
Your site is where I originally read this article. Your site is well done.

Top Bottom