Which olive tree looks better?

I'll take that bet. I also chose #2 and still do despite the advice to the contrary, and I'm still here. The heart wants what the heart wants. Bunch of complete strangers aren't going to convince me to like something I don't like. It's my time and money. I love mustard and hate ketchup. Prove me wrong. :)

Too avoid any confusion the above was typed without any anger or malice.
I love tomatoes . It sucks I practically gave them up ( there is a chemical in them that is bad for inflammation) I’m old and crotchety . But I can’t think of a solitary use for ketchup . A good Dijon mustard that’s a different story

I love tomatoes . It sucks I practically gave them up ( there is a chemical in them that is bad for inflammation) I’m old and crotchety . But I can’t think of a solitary use for ketchup . A good Dijon mustard that’s a different story
Olives the fruit are great food also . If you research the process to preserve olives . And make them edible . You get a respect level for ancient mankind you may not have had . Modern man has to much belief that currently . We are as smart as mankind has ever been.

That's what the 83 stands for in Carols username. If your familiar with Heinz 57 sauce, Carol uses a 83 ingredient Catsup, Ketchup, whatever you pureed tomato weirdos call it, to make her own tomato nightmare. 🤣
Stop your giving me nightmares she seems so nice don’t tell me that . She has such good taste I. Trees . It can’t be true

nice trees, can i ask where your buying one of them from and the price?

I'll take that bet. I also chose #2 and still do despite the advice to the contrary, and I'm still here. The heart wants what the heart wants. Bunch of complete strangers aren't going to convince me to like something I don't like. It's my time and money. I love mustard and hate ketchup. Prove me wrong. :)

Too avoid any confusion the above was typed without any anger or malice.
The comparison is wrong 😁 The choice of decent stock over bad is not an equivalent choice. The more accurate choice would be choosing between spoiled, moldy mustard and ketchup. While the mustard is still a choice, it's not the greatest and will give you problems down the road.

Posting here for years, I see this "Ima show THOSE guys and go with what I want." Sadly, it's a knee jerk emotional reaction to being told something someone doesn't want to hear, even though the opinions were sought out.

The comparison is wrong 😁 The choice of decent stock over bad is not an equivalent choice. The more accurate choice would be choosing between spoiled, moldy mustard and ketchup. While the mustard is still a choice, it's not the greatest and will give you problems down the road.

Posting here for years, I see this "Ima show THOSE guys and go with what I want." Sadly, it's a knee jerk emotional reaction to being told something someone doesn't want to hear, even though the opinions were sought out.

Well, I mean the alternative is to stick with what the community defines as "correct and proper" and not bother with trying anything at all.

It's the age old argument of the aristocracy defining the medium vs the renegades burning it down.

The safe bet is on the aristocracy and their constant and reliable mill of "art". There will be a slow evolution of tastes and talents as time roles on.

But for every 100000 or so renegades, one busts through and does redefine the "art".

Slow evolution vs the quantum leap of revolution.

Sometimes it's just more fun to watch the world burn ;)

Well, I mean the alternative is to stick with what the community defines as "correct and proper" and not bother with trying anything at all.

It's the age old argument of the aristocracy defining the medium vs the renegades burning it down.

The safe bet is on the aristocracy and their constant and reliable mill of "art". There will be a slow evolution of tastes and talents as time roles on.

But for every 100000 or so renegades, one busts through and does redefine the "art".

Slow evolution vs the quantum leap of revolution.

Sometimes it's just more fun to watch the world burn ;)
Well, um, the person ASKED FOR OPINIONS of what he pictured. I merely answered that crap isn't worth working on. One was better than the other. Opinions vary. Expertise and experience does as well. If you want to burn things down, then I'd ask why you're bothering to read anything on this forum, and not out there with the other "renegades" setting fire to whatever...

My point was you can't make someone like something. I think the "Ima show those guys" is pure speculation unless the person actually said that. I agree that posting here for years that you've seen everything, and see the same thing over and over. I'm no stranger to online forums, but this is my first Bonsai forum, and there's a good chance no one will ever see my trees, which is fine with me. I've been on what we used to call bulletin boards back in the late 80's with my 2400 baud modem. :)

Back
Top Bottom