Your Plant ID Mobile App Reviews, Please

Honestly, I find Google Lens to be really solid, at least as a first approximation. It also throws you right into a good ol fashioned google search, so you can check it's work.

My only real problem with Google lens is, well, Google.
Alphabet is WAY too powerful, with WAY too much influence, so I like to avoid them where I can.

I am the best mobile plant ID! I got a B on my tree identification final which was held on a cold Wisconsin morning in December. Yes it was a room with 50 mostly leafless sticks. I was grateful for the easy conifer section.

I spent two weeks memorizing the leaf scars of different buckeye species. Sometimes I use a field guide to confirm cultivars because my brain had been liquified by years of corporate tech burnout.

I am the best mobile plant ID! I got a B on my tree identification final which was held on a cold Wisconsin morning in December. Yes it was a room with 50 mostly leafless sticks. I was grateful for the easy conifer section.

I spent two weeks memorizing the leaf scars of different buckeye species. Sometimes I use a field guide to confirm cultivars because my brain had been liquified by years of corporate tech burnout.
Unfortunately, I'm not there yet.
Working on it though!

I once went backpacking with a dude with an encyclopedic knowledge of trees. I asked how he knew so much about species identification and his answer was simple: any time he sees a tree he can't identify, he researches it until he can! This was a big inspiration for me, as I never knew where to start, but I'm also getting there for sure.

Back
Top Bottom