Shohin
Reaction score
I like it - kinda like a snake rearing up

Contact

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
The appearance of this tree is very fascinating, it shows all its tormented life... I definitely like it!!!👍

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well here we are after over 8 years and many layers, for better or worse. I removed an ill-conceived attempt at an upright crown last week and am left with this. I like this angle if I can get it into a pot with it. View attachment 528057
I considered looping the apex back around and up using part of the candelabra hanging off the right. View attachment 528056But probably will take that part off entirely and reduce what’s left
View attachment 528058and develop It like a cascade. It’s interesting material at this point. Thoughts?
My thought is... Yeah take off the right hand branch - it confuses rather than adds balance, and cuts across the trunk. The shape is great, like a tiny bunjin with lots of movement. If you can't get it in a regular pot maybe a sculptural little semi cascade slab/rock would work.

BonjourBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was a little confused. I thought it had lost most of its branches due to water neglect?

Top Bottom