1 year old JBP Seedlings - Rooted Cuttings

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
I grow JBP seedlings for my club every year, and I typically have a few extras leftover. I usually keep a few for my own future development and then sell the rest off. I grow the seedlings using the cutting method. As a lot know, this develops the beginnings of perfect nebaris, low buds, and overall superior starts to developing pines. I believe Jonas quotes Boon in one of his posts on the subject saying, "this is the only way to grow pine for bonsai". I have about 130-150 seedlings for sale. I picked three seedlings to represent the group. Pine 1 is on the smaller side, because it dedicated energy to three buds of equal vigor instead of one. Pine 2 is the middle of the pack in size. Pine 3 represents the largest seedlings of the group. If you order, you will receive a mix of the three. The closeups of the nebari showcases why I bend over a flat of seedlings with a razor blade and rooting hormone for hours. The worst of the group has 4 roots emerging from the precisely the same spot. You can also see the small buds developing low on the seedlings. These will provide you the opportunity to develop excellent taper in the future through the use of sacrifice branches. They have been grown in a mix of pumice and turface, and will ship mostly bareroot. If interested, please PM me for prices and shipping quotes. Thank you.

Patrick

Attachments

• all.JPG
    all.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 91
  • pine 1.JPG
    pine 1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 64
  • pine1.JPG
    pine1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 64
  • photo 1 nebari.JPG
    photo 1 nebari.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 58

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Rest of the photos.

Attachments

• pine 2.JPG
    pine 2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 30
  • pine2.JPG
    pine2.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 28
  • pine 2 nebari.JPG
    pine 2 nebari.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 33
  • pine 3.JPG
    pine 3.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 28
  • pine 3 nebari.JPG
    pine 3 nebari.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 32

vietdarkski

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi, how can I get some of your pine? I been contact you from earlier this year, would love to have a few tree. Thanks

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Vietdarski,

I tried Pming you in October, and it may not have been delivered? I sent another last night, let me know if you dont get it. Thanks.

Top Bottom