10 Dollar Nursery Green Island Ficus - 2 for the price of practically none!

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you want to keep aerial roots, maybe try keeping them in a humidity tent with as close as possible to 100% humidity until the roots reach the ground and start to bark up

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
If you want to keep aerial roots, maybe try keeping them in a humidity tent with as close as possible to 100% humidity until the roots reach the ground and start to bark up

I'm in Florida. What you just described is called "outside" and yes it works quite nice for aerial roots 😂.

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
lol I should have checked your location first! Being in bone-dry Denver, I never think of relative humidity!

I also have a watering system, so I throw my ficuses on the lower shelves and let the irrigation "rain" on them rather than just standard watering. So far so good.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
The cascade is great, but the lowest trunk should have more bends working into it. If the wood is too stiff for wire, you can use hrei bar and blocks to force a bend. Not a big deal, but I do like a cascade and it would be nice if the lowest branch could mimic the curves of the middle descending branch.

Fun projects

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
The cascade is great, but the lowest trunk should have more bends working into it. If the wood is too stiff for wire, you can use hrei bar and blocks to force a bend. Not a big deal, but I do like a cascade and it would be nice if the lowest branch could mimic the curves of the middle descending branch.

Fun projects
No I agree with you but the second branch, the really nice one, snapped pretty much in half while bending this. It split the trunk so no more bending for a wee bit.

Should be fine because ficus but I need to let it heal a bit.

Top Bottom