10 year anniversary - Punica

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
@leatherback late reading your post any update on them. Got one off kaede bonsai en so would love kwarn how care is on them and try to grow mine happy as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
Dang sorry to hear the mother plant passed , the cutting from her looks great and healthy . I've had things do that in pots and even in the yard/garden/property right next to one another in ground or pot and one is super vibrant healthy happy and other just poof shriveled up dies. Same species cultivar clone everything . Wild good and bad at times how nature of living things can do so amazing one year only to fail to live or thrive the next. My only thought (I don't know pomegranates myself ) might be as wirh some fruiting and nut or flowering trees is that often the produce one year heavier then next 1 to 3 or few years light to almost nothing . Wonder if the last flush of flowers and fruits sapped its energy enough to lessen its hardiness over winter or again maybe just fluke or happenstance or random occurrence. Really enjoyed your video and other videos . Newer to forum and with my epilepsy and seizures keep forgetting your name and forum handle so when seen the YouTube video I was Instantly chuckling as I remembered and was happy you responded . Feel like lil kid being a fan boy of a pop star in music except with plants and bonsai haha 😄 ( sorry if weird just neat to be able say hi and ask a question or two to someone you respect in the community alot). Trying to decide whether one I am getting on 19th Jan in few days to pot up into bonsai mix soil or to grow on for year or two until bit more robust . And if potting up I to bonsai mix now or later to use organic or non organic mix. Learning what's online but most I find on pomegranate is in ground care or greenhouse . Not alot atm I've found about it with bonsai soil indoors. Would be outside summers but indoors winters here in the US since I'm in northern US state of Indiana. Winters here are way to cold have it outside . Thanks again keep up amazing videos. (Sorry such long response)

eugenev2

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I must say i appreciate videos like this. Good to know my 30 odd Japanese black pine seedlings out of a 100 seeds, 2 seedling cuttings out of 9 surviving is not necessarily a failure but might be normal.

Also regarding the pomegranate dying, i know you say you have no idea, but any possible suspicions?

I do feel that we sometimes learn a lot out of failures and i personally would like to avoid such future deaths of unknown causes

Top Bottom