101 Bonsai essential tips...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This was in the lot of books I won. Honestly...it is simply written...and states the obvious. BUT...I think if one had a child interested in learning ones parents/grandparents hobby. It would be a good book for them to read and understand. Just simple easy to grasp tips.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Just like the RD Handbook is a condensation of Tomlinson's Complete Book, 101 Tips is a massive condensation of both.

Same "author."

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just like the RD Handbook is a condensation of Tomlinson's Complete Book, 101 Tips is a massive condensation of both.

Same "author."

Ahhh I see. I hadn't known that. I have both you mentioned. Going through the smallest of the book to the largest.

Just peaked through Simon & Schuster's Guide to Bonsai. Photographs of 150 species. Very brief info...but, enough that if one peaked ones curiosity they could look further elsewhere.

Though if my son read the book that was started in the thread...he surely would think I daft for reading more books when they condensed it as they have. Lol

I have a youth in our youth group who lives with her grandfather. He has TONS of house plants. She is always asking about my bonsai. Pondering if I want to get her a bougainvillea. For...it can easily be a clip and grow method bonsai. Thinking he could easily give her guidance...once it is brought in to winter. They are drought tolerant...since many let them dry out between waterings to help them bloom. (Though I think if it rains a lot...they still seem to thrive.)

Top Bottom