12th Annual Michigan All State Show

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The 2010 Michigan All-State Bonsai Show is being held May 15-16 at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, MI and, as always, the show is free to attend and to exhibit.

I will post more info later....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was happy to be able to return to town and make this year's All State Show.

Today was the first day and I was invited to do a three of a kind demo with Vance Wood and Steve Jetzer. I also had a chance to demo a new wiring method as well, which went over quite well.

Here are some pics of the three of a kind, I'll post more pics as I take them....

Attachments

• 3ofakind.jpg
    3ofakind.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 108
  • steveJPG.jpg
    steveJPG.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 105
  • vance.jpg
    vance.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 106
  • will.jpg
    will.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Michael Hagedorn honored us as a judge this year....

Attachments

• michael.jpg
    michael.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 67

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't see an Ichiban in the hands of any of em. Would have been a great marketing opportunity.

Three of a Kind looks like an interesting demo to watch. By the smiles I'd say you all enjoyed the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That looked like fun!!
It always is, I've been doing demos and workshops at the All State Show for the last four or five years and the people there are fantastic, fun, and I always look forward to coming back.

New wiring method, hmmmmmmm, do tell.
I'm waiting for the publication to hit before I throw it out on-line....just a way to make wiring quicker and less tedious. The demo was just to test it out on the public and it got decent reviews...considering how hesitant bonsaists are to try something new.....take the new ICHIBAN for example, lol. Imagine the debates that happened when someone first started using wire instead of strings and weights on bonsai...

I don't see an Ichiban in the hands of any of em. Would have been a great marketing opportunity.

Three of a Kind looks like an interesting demo to watch. By the smiles I'd say you all enjoyed the show.
Hmmm, I don't sell ICHIBAN, nor do I currently own one, I also did not see an ICHIBAN there at the show, but then again, I may have been the only one there using Masakuni tools, but who really notices?

The three of a kind demo is always fun and we never know what material or species we will be working on until the demo starts. This year we drew numbers out of a hat to select which piece we got. Keeps you on your toes.... ;.)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It always is, I've been doing demos and workshops at the All State Show for the last four or five years and the people there are fantastic, fun, and I always look forward to coming back.

I'm waiting for the publication to hit before I throw it out on-line....just a way to make wiring quicker and less tedious. The demo was just to test it out on the public and it got decent reviews...considering how hesitant bonsaists are to try something new.....take the new ICHIBAN for example, lol. Imagine the debates that happened when someone first started using wire instead of strings and weights on bonsai...

Hmmm, I don't sell ICHIBAN, nor do I currently own one, I also did not see an ICHIBAN there at the show, but then again, I may have been the only one there using Masakuni tools, but who really notices?

The three of a kind demo is always fun and we never know what material or species we will be working on until the demo starts. This year we drew numbers out of a hat to select which piece we got. Keeps you on your toes.... ;.)

Any after pics?

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

Good for you Will

Whach you talkin bout Will(is) bonsaiists are afraid to try something new:D Not me, looking forward to finding out about this.

Hmmm, I don't sell ICHIBAN, nor do I currently own one, I also did not see an ICHIBAN there at the show, but then again, I may have been the only one there using Masakuni tools, but who really notices? Quelll designer tools are all the rage these days, do they have em at Wallmart, for cheap:D

After the Joshua Roth conrest, I do know what you mean

Top Bottom