18" glazed rectangle/oval

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I don't even care about patina really. :)

If that is patina then you got what you like but I thought it was part of the glazing, I have a few that create that effect but mine is not patina.

Good score!

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
Alright, I thought I would update the thread to let everyone know that it is possible to find good quality glazed pots with a budget in mind. This will hopefully be one of three pots I will be purchasing and shipping together from japan. $82 for the pot, which measures 18"x1.8", and $45 to ship by boat. It has decent patina. The glaze is ok. No visible cracks or other damage. Most of all, its within the budget! It should end up being closer to $100 by the time the shipping charges are spread out over three pots.

Patrick

is that a yamafusa? It looks like it

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
is that the same as Syuho?
It is...phonetic translations can be tough, Shuuhou spelling was from Tokoname website...I believe I've heard Ryan Bell pronounce it "shoo-ho"

Last edited:

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Here is the second pot to be shipping with the 18" oval. Buying a few at a time is helpful when it is coming from half a world away. Like the other pot, this one has the hint of a patina beginning to develop. The bamboo accent is a nice characteristic i find.

Attachments

• IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 18

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Here is the second pot to be shipping with the 18" oval. Buying a few at a time is helpful when it is coming from half a world away. Like the other pot, this one has the hint of a patina beginning to develop. The bamboo accent is a nice characteristic i find.

I've got this pot...one of my favorites. Please tell me it cost more then the oval...please;).

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
I've got this pot...one of my favorites. Please tell me it cost more then the oval...please;).

Dont worry, it did! It cost $88 : ) A whopping $6 more than the oval.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
My conversion from cm might not be perfect(2.54cm to an inch, right?), but I believe it is 16" x 12.5" x 4.25"

Top Bottom