1st time bonsai cultivator (weeping willow)

Bonsmine

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hello all. I am glad to be a part of this forum as I am brand new, have received my weeping willow cuttings a couple days ago and they've sprouted roots already. I've always been interested in the art of bonsai, it only took me 36 years to get my 1st. I'll try and make it quick...

I'm located in west Michigan just northeast of Grand Rapids.

My W.W. Bonsai cuttings are only about 7" long and the roots have just sprouted.

Question number 1...I need to put these cuttings in soil asap and i am going to mix my own. On hand i have Miracle-gro Indoor Potting mix, Promix all purpose, organic manure and some pea gravel

Bonsmine

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hello all. I am glad to be a part of this forum as I am brand new, have received my weeping willow cuttings a couple days ago and they've sprouted roots already. I've always been interested in the art of bonsai, it only took me 36 years to get my 1st. I'll try and make it quick...

I'm located in west Michigan just northeast of Grand Rapids.

My W.W. Bonsai cuttings are only about 7" long and the roots have just sprouted.
I really need to put these cuttings in soil asap and i am going to mix my own. On hand i have Miracle-gro Indoor Potting mix, Promix all purpose, organic manure and some pea gravel. I have 3 cuttings so i thought of doing 3 different mixtures and taking note for future reference. Do any of you have any tips or suggestions for me before i start the process. anything will help. Almost forgot to mention....these 3 will be indoors in separate pots and i have various lighting options as i have s snall addiction to cacti, succulents, and air plants. Thank you in advance and i hope to share my bonsai progress of growth here for you all. Have a great night and happy growing.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! For the best advice add your location to your profile.

Top Bottom