Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the advice, great stuff. Bourgie coming on nicely thanks to your input here, keeping it quite wet still. I expect the roots are coming in well now and only about 2 months since I cut it! These tropical things are fast beasts, deciduous trees don't stand a chance on the growth rates of these!! :)View attachment 116946 View attachment 116947
Cutting is growing like a train now in full sun. Still wilting a bit but hardening off nicely. I can see lots of thin roots through the drainage hole.

Most of these branches are to develop the root system and I may cut this back to a stump in the future as branches on these plants are really easy and fast to grow here compared to deciduous trees back home!

20160919_125901.jpg

Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
Tanking along. Slowed down a bit now. I'm thinking I should have put it in a deeper pot. It is sucking all of the water out big time now. Not very green anymore too. Need sulphur to acidify the soil I think.

Do you guys think I should repot or would it be concentrating on growing roots now? There are some roots coming through the drainage hole. It is nowhere near pot bound though.
20161016_171840.jpg

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Tanking along. Slowed down a bit now. I'm thinking I should have put it in a deeper pot. It is sucking all of the water out big time now. Not very green anymore too. Need sulphur to acidify the soil I think.

Do you guys think I should repot or would it be concentrating on growing roots now? There are some roots coming through the drainage hole. It is nowhere near pot bound though.
View attachment 120258
I'd wait until next year to repot, I've moved to quickly before with airlayers and it's best to leave them be for a while to establish the new roots.

Aaron

Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
I'd wait until next year to repot, I've moved to quickly before with airlayers and it's best to leave them be for a while to establish the new roots.

Aaron
Brilliant. Will keep a look out for the roots. Can't be that many. If it is slowing on top I'm hoping it is concentrating down below. Will switch to higher P and K fertiliser :)

Aiki_Joker

Shohin
Reaction score
Updated May 2018. Roots looking good but biased to one side slightly. Repotted and wired in some movement (too late really was slow and difficult to bend, had a few crackles and pops!). Moved house and less sun here! :0/
20180518_110908.jpg

Top Bottom