I saved these two little guys from the bulldozer today. I know it’s a little early for collecting here in North Carolina but the land is about to get cleared and I was given permission to collect. There is a few of much larger ones (6”+ diameter) there but I didn’t have the determination to dig them up today. I may try to catch them when they have the excavator there. The first one I have hope for because it had some fine roots on it but the second one is kinda iffy. I put some rooting hormone around the base of the cuts and packed it in a little bit of sphagnum moss to hopefully encourage some root development.