2 pots from pops.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
My parents got me 2 pots for my Bday!
I think they are mass production pots, nothing special.
The chop marks are Y and G....?
But I do like the smaller "dark teal banded" pot.
The flash makes it look more green but I do like the edges and the overall look.
Honestly I am not a huge fan of the blue one, because if its shape....but I think I may have an Azalea clump that could reside in it.
I am glad to have them both.

Any thoughts are appreciated as always.
20200111_193139.jpg20200111_193223.jpg20200111_193246.jpg20200111_193329.jpg20200111_193335.jpg

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That’s awesome ya ol’ salt!

..have thoughts of something with a variegated leaf or white trunk in a blue pot. soft electric

good things, kudos to your folks Mike

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Very nice old folks. I mean, pots. Or both ! ;)

The only thing with pots like the blue one is that you must pay attention to repot the tree before the rootball is not too thick, for it is difficult to remove the tree from the pot when they've filled the pot. But OK with species that don't resent heavy root pruning like J. maples. Personal experience... :rolleyes:

If you like "indoor bonsai", a fig-tree can match the blue pot, or any kind of maple for the spring and autumn colours. But not that easy to find a suitable tree for a glazed round pot.

The green one is easier to use I think. I'm thinking of a beech, or a hornbeam, even a J. hornbeam or any deciduous with a "white", smooth bark.

Last edited:

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Happy bday mike!
That’s awesome ya ol’ salt!

..have thoughts of something with a variegated leaf or white trunk in a blue pot. soft electric

good things, kudos to your folks Mike
Happy Birthday! Nice gift, nice parents :)
Very nice old folks. I mean, pots. Or both ! ;)

The only thing with pots like the blue one is that you must pay attention to repot the tree before the rootball is not too thick, for it is difficult to remove the tree from the pot when they've filled the pot. But OK with species that don't resent heavy root pruning like J. maples. Personal experience... :rolleyes:

If you like "indoor bonsai", a fig-tree can match the blue pot, or any kind of maple for the spring and autumn colours. But not that easy to find a suitable tree for a glazed round pot.

The green one is easier to use I think. I'm thinking of a beech, or a hornbeam, even a J. hornbeam or any deciduous with a "white", smooth bark.
Thanks guys!

Alain, I had similar thoughts about the shaoe of the blue one....but yes a ficus could be nice!
I was also considering an azalea with white or mostly white blooms...

As for the green one, I like the Hornbeam thought.....may be a future home for my Turczaninowii.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Happy B-Day and congrats on the new pots. Mass produced or not they still look good. I agree that a nice azalea clump would look good in that blue pot.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Happy B-Day and congrats on the new pots. Mass produced or not they still look good. I agree that a nice azalea clump would look good in that blue pot.
I have one I started last year called "Apple Blossom" white with pink edges .....clump too.

Top Bottom