2010 MABS Spring Festival

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The 27th annual Mid Atlantic Bonsai Societies Spring Festival will commence Friday evening, April 16, 2010, and will continue through Sunday afternoon, April 18, 2010, at our family-friendly location: the Hudson Valley Resort &Spa in Kerhonkson, New York.

Renowned international professional bonsai artists will present lecture/demonstrations, workshops, and critiques of bonsai. Registrants will have weekend-long opportunities to observe and spend time with the artist between demonstrations, and to view the exhibit trees which will be displayed by MABS member clubs. In addition, bonsai vendors will be on site offering a large selection of bonsai, bonsai-related plants, containers, tools, books and other supplies.

This year’s event will also feature the A.B.S.- supported Joshua Roth New Talent Competition which will take place on Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. Registrants are welcome to observe these emerging artists working on their contest entries. Information on the contest may be found at http://www.absbonsai.org/newtalent.html.

Featured Artists -

Charles Ceronio - South Africa http://midatlanticbonsai.freeservers.com/fescurr.htm#charles

Michele Andolfo - Italy - http://midatlanticbonsai.freeservers.com/fescurr.htm#Michele

Michel Phaneuf - Canada - http://midatlanticbonsai.freeservers.com/fescurr.htm#Michel

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Booked my room yesterday, I'm looking forward to it

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
We'll have to figure out how to spot one another so we can meet. If you find someone from the board and ask I'm sure they can point me out. What club do you belong to??

Anyone else going??

pauldogx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'll be there all weekend. Several others from my home clubs Bonsai Society of the Lehigh Valley and Pennsylvania Bonsai Society will be there as well. Lookin forward to it!!

Lancaster

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I would love to be there all three days, but that is something my finances just won't allow. I have never been to a show/symposium before. Is one day enough? Which day would be best to go if I could only go for one day?

....Or would it be better to wait and go to a different show at a later date? Thanks for your input.

DougDT

Seedling
Reaction score
If anyone needs a M.A.B.S. Spring festival registration form I don't mind dropping one in the mail to you.
PM me your snail mail address and i'll send it. Our club has lots of extras.

Doug T.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Lancaster, sorry been away for a couple and just saw your post. My answer would be yes, Sat, and Sunday both have demos, and theres the vendor room with loooottttssss of Gooodies, plus the exhibit. Now as to finances, you do realize as a first timer the fee for the festival is half off. Rooms are fairly inexpensive as well($75/night) split a couple or three ways makes it good.

Hope to see you there, have someone from the board point me (Bill Swain)out so we can meet, you too Pauldogx.

Lancaster

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Thanks for the info, Bill. Are you vending? Or will you be attending the seminars and workshops? I look forward to meeting you. -Troy

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Part of thr board, I'll be attending for the weekend, no workshops this time, but hopefully I can get a critique, finding that you can learn a lot from them.

Kathy Shaner is one of the vendors this year, her booth should be a draw for sure. A chance to put your hands on her wares is worth the trip by itself;)

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Part of thr board, I'll be attending for the weekend, no workshops this time, but hopefully I can get a critique, finding that you can learn a lot from them.

Kathy Shaner is one of the vendors this year, her booth should be a draw for sure. A chance to put your hands on her wares is worth the trip by itself;)

Are you sure you don't mean Sara Raynor?
Bill, I know that first timers and spouse get in for half price on a full registration, but what does it cost for someone to come up for the day on Saturday and be able to see the demos, trees and sales area? I've only have ever come up for the entire weekend and when asked that question and couldn't give an answer looking at the registration form.
There doesn't seem to be a option for a 1 day entry to everything

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yep that was a brain fart, at least they rhymed:rolleyes: It is Sara Raynor and her magnificent pottery.

For Fri/Sat. you are correct except, on Sunday @ 55 will get you the demos, exhibit, and vendors.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yes but the HP camera I have took s&i#y pix again and I'm waiting for the ones that will get posted to the MABS site as well as the ABS site for the JRNTC. Can you tell how much I like the HP camera I have.:eek:

I'll keep an eye on those sites and let you know when the pix are up.

Is Candy Shirly around anywhere, I heard she took a bunch, and she is a great photog.

Top Bottom