Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Kimura Bonsai and Landscape Nursery
17230 Roscoe Blvd. Northridge, CA 91325
(818) 343-4090

2012/2013 all inclusive workshops

We are pleased to announce the 2012/2013 schedule for the all inclusive workshops here at Kimura Nursery.
Saturday November 3rd 2012 from 9am until 3 pm-
A bring your own tree, or purchase one here, all day deadwood workshop. From creating new jins, shari's or hollow trunks, to refining existing deadwood to maintaining, and treating old deadwood we will spend the day discussing, creating and treating deadwood. Students should be sure their tree or trees are a suitable candidate for deadwood feature's. Various carving methods will be explained using a variety of carving tools both hand and powered. Methods of treating new and old deadwood as well as preserving rotting wood will also be among the topics touched on. Students should bring any carving tools they have. A limited amount of tools both hand and powered will be available for everyone to share. Limited to 5 participants. Cost is $150.00
Saturday March 2, 2013 9am until 12:30pm
Live oak style boxwoods. Using 5 gallon boxwood nursery stock each student will be led there the process of creating a bonsai resembling a California Live Oak. This material really lends itself to this type of styling and can quickly be developed into a refined bonsai. 5 gallon boxwood, training pot, wire and soil provided. Maximum 10 participants. Cost is $50.00
Saturday April 6th 2013 9am until 12:30 pm
Weeping style tamarisk workshop. Using 10-12 year old partially trained tamarisk each person will be guided through the steps to create a weeping style bonsai with some deadwood features as well. The contrast between the delicate foliage and flowers to the deadwood is beautiful. Tamarisk are ideal for the weeping style. These will be extremely nice trees at the end of the day.
Includes 10-12 year old partially trained tamarisk in training pot, wire and use of tools .
Cost is 100.00
Saturday June 1st 9am until 12:30
A shohin ficus or little leafed olive workshop. Using partially trained ficus nerifola or olives each participant will be guided through the creation and planting of a a nice big trunked shohin olive or ficus bonsai. Includes partially trained olive or ficus nerifola, bonsai pot, soil, wire and use of tools. Cost is-75.00

Places are limited so signup soon to insure spot. 50% deposit is required for each class to reserve space. For more info call us at the nursery.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I wish you all lived closer too. Though L.A.'s not a bad place for a vacation :)

frozenoak

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
There is a good chance you'll see me in March and June, and maybe in April. How far in advance would you recommend I reserve my spot?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There is a good chance you'll see me in March and June, and maybe in April. How far in advance would you recommend I reserve my spot?
I think NOW is the time. For those prices, with materials included...it could be a fast sell out! (if it isn't yet).

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I wish I was closer too. Sadly the airfare and flight times with layovers etc would make it kind of prohibitive for me. Spending 8 plus hours trying to fly anywhere in the U.S these days just isn't my cup of tea. Looked into going to Texas once and it was literally 8 hours in planes and airports because there were no direct flights. I couldn't do it.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I hope we do see you.
The sooner the better. The last season was sold out by the end of November.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I wish I was closer too. Sadly the airfare and flight times with layovers etc would make it kind of prohibitive for me. Spending 8 plus hours trying to fly anywhere in the U.S these days just isn't my cup of tea. Looked into going to Texas once and it was literally 8 hours in planes and airports because there were no direct flights. I couldn't do it.

I hear that, it's not so much fun traveling these days.

Top Bottom