2014 4th US NATIONAL BONSAI EXHIBITION

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The 4th US National Bonsai Exhibition will be held on September 13-14, 2014 in Rochester, New York. A new larger venue (over 35,000 square feet) has been selected to display the selected fine bonsai in the space necessary to highlight their beauty along with the largest bonsai sales area in the country.

Only the finest bonsai in the United States will be displayed for the world to appreciate at the exhibition and also in the forthcoming Commemorative Album.

Today I began sending acceptance letters to the many people who sent photos of their beautiful bonsai for the selection process. There is still time to send photos to have your trees included in the 4th US National Bonsai Exhibition. Simply send me a good current photo of your best bonsai. The photos do not need to be professional, only good enough to clearly see the tree. Please send the photos to me at:

WNV@internationalbonsai.com

Judges for the exhibition are Hiroyoshi Yamaji from Japan, Peter Warren from England and David Easterbrook from Canada. Mr. Yamaji and Mr. Warren will be presenting lecture/demonstrations in addition to Sean Smith (suiseki), Jerome Cushman (ikebana) and Alice Chen (Chinese brush painting.)

Daily admission is only $15, while a weekend pass is $20 until September 1st, which includes all programs and entrance to sales area featuring both beginner to masterpiece bonsai, containers, tables, supplies and more. That’s in addition to seeing over 200 of the finest bonsai masterpieces too.

A large color flyer with additional information can be downloaded in our web site at:

http://www.internationalbonsai.com/s...ion/index.html

Flyer download is at the bottom of the page. If you would like to distribute the attractive flyers which open to a great poster, please let me know how many you would like.

Additionally, if you would like to support the growth, appreciation and improvement of the art, please consider a contribution to this worthwhile event and be a part of creating the history of bonsai in the United States.

I look forward to welcoming you to Rochester in September. The weather should be beautiful and not be snowy then. Although I’ve read (but happily not experienced) snow every month of the year in Rochester…

Bill

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Now is the time to make plans to attend the 4th US National Bonsai Exhibition on September 13-14, 2014 in Rochester, New York.

You will be able to enjoy the beauty of some of the finest bonsai in the United States all formally displayed in a 35,000 square foot area.

Visitors can also learn from the demonstrators:
Hiroyoshi Yamaji, Japan– Bonsai
Peter Warren, England– Bonsai
Sean Smith, Pennsylvania- Suiseki
Dr. Alice Chen, New York– Chinese brush painting
Professor Jerome Cushman, New York– Ikebana

In addition to enjoying bonsai fellowship the following vendors will be bringing their best material for sale from California to Delaware, Oregon to Florida and from Florida to Vermont, all across our great country, in one room. The vendor area in the new 50,000 square foot building is now sold out.

2014 US NATIONAL BONSAI EXHIBITION VENDORS

Adams Bonsai, Julian Adams- Virginia
Tony Alario- Massachusetts
Bonsai Berkshire, Geoff Holmes- Connecticut
Bonsai By Fields, Mark Fields- Indiana
Bonsai Unearthed, Owen Reich- Tennessee
Bonsai Vision ,Jim Gollmer- Nevada
Bonsai West, Michael Levin- Massachusetts
Brussel’s Bonsai, Brussel Martin- Mississippi
Custom Oriental Woodcraft, Sean Smith- Pennsylvania
Deer Meadow Bonsai, Jim Gremel- California
Michele Doughtery- California
Eagleville Bonsai, Jack Hoover- Rhode Island
Feduccias Bonsai, Mike Feduccia- Florida
Giorgi Studio, Dave & Rob Giorgi- Ohio
Golden Arrow Bonsai, Andy Smith- South Dakota
International Bonsai Mirai, Ryan Neil- Oregon
Knittle Studio, David Knittle- Vermont
Lang Bonsai Containers, Ron Lang- Pennsylvania
Mc2 Pottery, Charles Smith- Tennessee
Meco Bonsai, Roger Lehman- Pennsylvania
Mendocino Bonsai, Bob Shimon- California
Miniature-Bonsai Dave Paris- New York
Mulberry Creek Herbs, Mark Langan -Ohio
Stacy Muse- Florida
Natures Wa,y Jim Doyle- Pennsylvania
Osiga, Yen Huang -Maryland
PFM Bonsai, Pauline Muth- New York
Gratia Pfromm- New York
Quiet Spirit Arts, John Bierley- Maryland
Reflections In Water, Karen Proctor- New York
Royal Bonsai Garden, Suthin Sukolosovisit- Massachusetts
Sanctuary Bonsai, Todd Hansen- Connecticut
Sara Rayners Pottery, Sara Rayner -Minnesota
Satsuki Bonsai ,David Kreutz- Missouri
Stands & Stones, Mark Rhyme- Florida
Tandamiti Bonsai, Hank Miller -New York
Michele Villeneuve - Quebec, Canada
Vons Gardens, John Kirby -Connecticut
Wildwood Gardens, Frank Mihalic- Ohio
International Bonsai, Wm. N. Valavanis- New York

Daily admission is $15. Weekend passes are only $20 until September 1st and include the exhibition, all demos and opportunity to add quality material to your bonsai collection.

Questions: WNV@internationalbonsai.com

or: http://www.internationalbonsai.com/store/1708315/National_Exhibition/index.html

I hope to welcome everyone to the 2014 US National Bonsai Exhibition

Bill

PS: It is not too late to still submit photos of your finest bonsai for the selection process, simply e-mail your photo

Attachments

• DISPLAY.jpg
    DISPLAY.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 20
  • VENDOR-AREA-2.jpg
    VENDOR-AREA-2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DEMOS.jpg
    DEMOS.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 21
  • BONSAI-2.jpg
    BONSAI-2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 25
  • VENDOR-AREA.jpg
    VENDOR-AREA.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 20

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Terrific group of vendors!

Chris

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow...I especially found that enjoyable to watch...thanks for the link! It mentions purchase of the commemorative album. I went to the site yet, am having no luck finding where one can make purchase of this last exhibition.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Bjorn's video from the show is now up:
[video=youtube_share;-AY-lRK6DwI]http://youtu.be/-AY-lRK6DwI[/video]

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks Brian! Such a great video. Thanks to Bjorn for documenting the event in such a tasteful manner and to Bill again for organizing such an incredible show!

Top Bottom