2014 National Exhibition Roll Call

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, the National Exhibition is less than a week away. Who is attending? I know Raydomz mentioned he would be there. Anyone else?

Chris

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll be there on Saturday.
I'm heading up on Friday and staying overnight at my brothers place in Crohgan, then will head in early Saturday morning. Looking forward to it

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I'll be there! Driving up Thursday and coming home Monday.
john

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
John,

So glad you can join us! Is Ken coming with you?

My Open House & Sale is on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 pm only. Hope you can visit, lots of new things to see.

I look forward to welcoming you to Rochester on Saturday morning. Opening Ceremony at 8:30am.

Travel safe.

Bill

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I know Brian Van Fleet will be there with his hawthorn (I assume he's still a nut but taking some time away from the forum). Wish I was going to be there but the whole job thing and 1800 mile round trip got in the way...this time:cool:. Have a great time, everyone!

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
Glad to say my father is going to be making the trip with me. Now I won't have to talk to myself for the whole 6.5 hours :)

tmpgh

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Very sorry to say that I can't make it. A work event has come up and makes it impossible to get away for it. I can't wait to see all of the reports and photos.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
John,

So glad you can join us! Is Ken coming with you?

My Open House & Sale is on Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 4 pm only. Hope you can visit, lots of new things to see.

I look forward to welcoming you to Rochester on Saturday morning. Opening Ceremony at 8:30am.

Travel safe.

Bill

Thanks Bill...really looking forward to it! Ken is not coming. I am traveling with Arthur.
see you soon!
john

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I know Brian Van Fleet will be there with his hawthorn (I assume he's still a nut but taking some time away from the forum). Wish I was going to be there but the whole job thing and 1800 mile round trip got in the way...this time:cool:. Have a great time, everyone!
Been very busy of late with new business, family commitments, and even coaching soccer, but yes, I'll be there. Looking forward to putting some faces with names...and usernames!

Here is a preview of the display; still in-progress:

Tree: Hawthorn I collected in 1999 and subsequently grew every branch you see. 26" tall.
Pot: Japanese, made by Katoaka Akitsugu around 1930. 48 cm wide x 6 cm deep.
Table: Custom made of black walnut by Jerry Braswell in CA.
Scroll: Old Japanese autumn full moon, grasses, and grapes. 72" tall.
Accent: Chinese "pool stone" planted with locally collected grasses, on walnut burl slab by Dave Lowman in IA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 46

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wish I could see this exhibition in person, but work is going to keep me away. Guess I will just have to wait for the photos. Hope everyone has a great time, Brian, your display is so calming, and the tree is just amazing.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Been very busy of late with new business, family commitments, and even coaching soccer, but yes, I'll be there. Looking forward to putting some faces with names...and usernames!

Tree: Hawthorn I collected in 1999 and subsequently grew every branch you see. 26" tall.
Accent: Chinese "pool stone" planted with locally collected grasses, on walnut burl slab by Dave Lowman in IA.

Outstanding!!! Maybe we can catch up and say hello over the weekend!
John

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Brian, I've always loved this tree and the natural feeling it gives. Usually the pictures are on your benches or closer ups, but I have to say that this display picture really shows off how gorgeous your hawthorn is.

Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing it in the exhibition's display book :)

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wow, this is a stunning display, Brian.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks great Brian, can't wait to see it in person.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Outstanding!!! Maybe we can catch up and say hello over the weekend!
John
Definitely. Look for the guy wearing the Alabama Crimson Tide shirt. Unlike here, it may stand out!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I am coming as well and look forward to meeting you all up in Rochester. Should be a fun weekend! Brian that is one heck of a display!! Can't wait to see it!

pitchpine

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll be there!

I'm thinking of bringing some extra pin cherry (Prunus pennsylvanica) seedlings with me if anyone would like one, let me know and we can meet up.

Laura

So, the National Exhibition is less than a week away. Who is attending? I know Raydomz mentioned he would be there. Anyone else?

Chris

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Very nice Brian. I hope to meet some of you guys there. Mach5 I missed you at Kennett, maybe we can meet up at Rochester!

I'll be the Canadian guy. We stick out like a sore thumb. I'm displaying these Canadian trees. A member of my club is bringing a VERY special tree that has not been on display in the USA for... well... maybe ever. But it is one of the most famous trees in the bonsai community. And that's all I'm gonna say :)

Looking forward to it, and the vendors area. My wallet is already hurting.

Attachments

• DSC_0372.jpg
    DSC_0372.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0391.jpg
    DSC_0391.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom