2015 Bonsai Nut Spring Box Store Challenge Kickoff

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Test why does my name appear at the beginning of my post all of a sudden? What am I doing to cause this to happen. I cannot go back and edit it out. It does not show up in the edit post window. Is this happening to any of the rest of you? If you notice it I am not just being narcissistic.
I think if you quote a post it doesn't but if it's a new post then your message appears directly after your name. I thought about putting a couple dashes or the "says" at the beginning of every thing I post.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I think if you quote a post it doesn't but if it's a new post then your message appears directly after your name. I thought about putting a couple dashes or the "says" at the beginning of every thing I post.
Let'seeeeee?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
: That seems to be a fact. I have not gone back and checked my other posts but I think this is the only place its happening

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
: That seems to be a fact. I have not gone back and checked my other posts but I think this is the only place its happening
The other thing I noticed is that if you have a lot of text in your post then your name doesn't appear. More testing required.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I think it is just this thread. This thread is promoted as an "article" to keep it stickied and to put it on the front page of the web site. Any posts to this thread while it is an article are considered "comments". It may just be how comments are treated.

One of the problems I am having with some plug-ins is that instead of doing just one specific thing, they tend to do several things - when I really only want ONE thing to be done. I have to decide whether it is worth the hassle of going in a custom programming everything to change it back.

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Regarding the $50 limit, is it ok if the sticker price is higher than that, but there is a sale that brings the final price below 50?
Also, can you confirm that Green Velvet Boxwood is acceptable?

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Regarding the $50 limit, is it ok if the sticker price is higher than that, but there is a sale that brings the final price below 50?
Also, can you confirm that Green Velvet Boxwood is acceptable?
In a word, absolutely to both questions!

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well, I haven't purchased the tree yet, as I'm still not sure it's even warm enough to style a boxwood in my area yet. Since I'll be entering as an intermediate, I'll use my one question now before I buy:

Is it safe to wire and prune a boxwood before it breaks Winter dormancy? I went shopping over the weekend and the bushes still have frozen solid root balls and haven't started growing yet. Not sure how soon they'll come alive once it does warm up, or if I buy now and bring it indoors...

fraser67

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
PST
Test why does my name appear at the beginning of my post all of a sudden? What am I doing to cause this to happen. I cannot go back and edit it out. It does not show up in the edit post window. Is this happening to any of the rest of you? If you notice it I am not just being narcissistic.
It's ok Vance... you're entitled to be a narcissist...but only on this thread lol;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, I haven't purchased the tree yet, as I'm still not sure it's even warm enough to style a boxwood in my area yet. Since I'll be entering as an intermediate, I'll use my one question now before I buy:

Is it safe to wire and prune a boxwood before it breaks Winter dormancy? I went shopping over the weekend and the bushes still have frozen solid root balls and haven't started growing yet. Not sure how soon they'll come alive once it does warm up, or if I buy now and bring it indoors...

Cleve.

Your question is for your tree in particular. You should still get one.

You can ask as many general questions anywhere you like.

Right Vin?

Sorce

Reactions: Vin

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Cleve.

Your question is for your tree in particular. You should still get one.

You can ask as many general questions anywhere you like.

Right Vin?

Sorce
General questions that apply to all trees in general or even species of trees don't count. The intent of the questions are geared around issues you may have with your tree as you're working on it.

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
General questions that apply to all trees in general or even species of trees don't count. The intent of the questions are geared around issues you may have with your tree as you're working on it.
Great, thanks

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

I have experience in boxwoods but just not in your climate. I wish I could help but I can't. Sorry.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Saw the local "wholesale to customer" nursery was stocked up. I'm going to wait a little longer but there appears to be material to pick from in my area now.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yup, some boxwood out here, and grafted jmaples already reduced from 50 to 25.

All the box I looked through are multiple straight stems so far.

Don't want another boxwood anyway.

Its almost time!

Sorce

Top Bottom