2015 BSC (Box Store Challenge) Update Thread

bones101

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for reminding me - I thought June still had a few more days left! I think I'm going to throw in the towel though. My tree really struggled until a couple of weeks ago - lots of nice new growth now but a lot of branches died and it looks terrible. If it makes a comeback by the end of the challenge, I'll post an update (not as a contestant, just a former contender). Thanks again, Sharon

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lol *^%#*^#.
I went to the movies last night and forgot. Hey! We got a long weekend over here!

I might as well be disqualified, but here is the boxwood any ways. I fear the Hail Mary may have been too little too late.

I actually don't know what will be alive in September as I may or may not have broken a couple branches along the way.
I'm sorry @f1pt4 but rules are rules. I hope it makes it and please keep us updated with the progress.

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Paradox

I just gotta commend you on that 3 hour wiring job cuz I know it's a Bitch.

Well done!

I really like that tree!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thanks for the kind words
I would like to commend you as well but I can't find a picture of the tree. I wish you guys would consider old farts like me by simply including the photo in remarks, or subject when a discussion is quoted or commented on that may go back to the reign of Khufu.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I would like to commend you as well but I can't find a picture of the tree. I wish you guys would consider old farts like me by simply including the photo in remarks, or subject when a discussion is quoted or commented on that may go back to the reign of Khufu.

Hi Vance,

The picture was posted on my update post on the previous page (6).

Here it is again for your viewing pleasure:

June2016.jpg

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Getting old sucks unless you're a bonsai. Thanks for putting up with my unintended BS. By the way the tree is very nice and I agree it deserves commendation.

No worries Vance. I understand how hard it can be to follow some of the longer and older threads here that are updated months after they were originally created.
Thank you for the kind words.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@thomas22 @Paradox @michaelj This is it. It's time to put the finishing touches on your entry. Final images are due by September 30th. I'm not sure where we're going to post the images but I will have more information soon. Good luck, it's been a great challenge!

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@thomas22 @Paradox @michaelj This is it. It's time to put the finishing touches on your entry. Final images are due by September 30th. I'm not sure where we're going to post the images but I will have more information soon. Good luck, it's been a great challenge!

I don't care where we post final images but I would suggest we submit how the tree looked when we purchased, first style, all updates or just one in the middle, and then the final. That way maybe some people can learn a thing or two. I'm good with what ever you decide but that is my suggestion.

Wow, only 4. It nice to know if we are not the best artist, we are at least good at horticulture and have perseverance.

Good luck everyone

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I am waiting as long as possible, because my tree suffered a terrible setback caused by mealybug infestations not only on every branch and along the trunk, but even in the roots. I lost most of the root system this spring. My tree will be the Ringo Starr of this group. Not one of the great ones, but feeling fortunate just to be alive and part of it.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea, only 4 left....wow
@Vin Do you have a number on how many people entered the challenge?

Top Bottom