2015 growing season competition

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpg hey guys just sharing my experience with the 2015 growing season competition held by American bonsai tool company. I always appreciate when company's hold events. I'm not sure how many people entered and they only posted the main winner. I enjoyed working my tree for the competition an would love to have seen the other trees.
Did any one else enter? I know there was one main winner. Then 3 professional and 3 hobbies winner. I Did not hear anything about it so I was super suprized to get a box and find out I won one of the 3 hobbies spots!
Any one else?
If so share your experience with the competition. I'd post a photo of my tree but I have to find it. It did take a photo of the winnings. They look like great toolset. I badly needed new tools.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
That stuff looks nice? First time I have heard of this. Can you please elaborate on this competition? I would like some tools! :D

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I intended to enter some azaleas, even took the pics but never got around to it. Congrats!

Andrew Robson

Shohin
Reaction score
View attachment 85002 hey guys just sharing my experience with the 2015 growing season competition held by American bonsai tool company. I always appreciate when company's hold events. I'm not sure how many people entered and they only posted the main winner. I enjoyed working my tree for the competition an would love to have seen the other trees.
Did any one else enter? I know there was one main winner. Then 3 professional and 3 hobbies winner. I Did not hear anything about it so I was super suprized to get a box and find out I won one of the 3 hobbies spots!
Any one else?
If so share your experience with the competition. I'd post a photo of my tree but I have to find it. It did take a photo of the winnings. They look like great toolset. I badly needed new tools.
Congrats! I'd love to see a photo when you find it!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice, stainless too!?

Alright Alright!

Sorce

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Congrats Kodama! Well done. Please do share a pic of your tree if you can. Aaron Packard curator of the Pacific Bonsai Museum, won the top prize with a really nice pine.

I decided to enter last minute in the professional category with a nursery grown Scots pine. I was lucky enough to get one of the 3 first prizes given out in the pro category. My entry is attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 7.48.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 7.48.35 PM.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 40

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Before and after on my street saved crept myrtle. Main thing I did was a lot of carving. Made some nice hollows in the base too. Torched it for a nice lighting strike look. Not much now but give it 5-6 years and I think it be a great tree.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom