2016 Winter Silhouette Bonsai Expo Kannapolis, NC

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This year the 2016 Winter Silhouette Bonsai Expo will be held on December 03-04 in Kannapolis, NC. This event continues to grow and has been consistently better year to year. In addition to a wonderful display of bonsai shown in a very unique setting, there will be demos by Bill Valvanis (International Bonsai), Owen Reich (Bonsai Unearthed), Rodney Clemons (Allgood Bonsai) and Adam Lavigne (Adam Ask Why). There will also be a vendor area with trees, tools, pots, and all things bonsai related. Admission is FREE, I hope to see you there. Please help spread the word about this great event!

Attachments

• 2016 Winter Silhouette.jpg
    2016 Winter Silhouette.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Bump for this great upcoming event... Who's in? Apparently the vendor area is expanding and I understand the great Ron Lang will be there with containers this year. I hope to see you there!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wish this was one I could get to, my favorite thing is seeing the bare trees.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I will be exhibiting. I am looking forward to being there for the first time and hopefully meet some other BNuts! On my way down I plan on picking up Young Choe who I met at the Nationals. She is a leading authority on kusamono in the US. I'm very excited to pick her brain as I look to improve my accent/kusamono skills.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
WOW NAKED TREES - just gotta be there. again. Folks this is a great show of great trees and exceptional demo's/talks by some of the best bonsai artist in the country. And it is free. Hope to see y'all there.

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Is there a list of vendors that will be attending?

Joe,

There is no list that I know of. I know that Bill Valavanis, Ken Duncan, Ken Buechele, The Bonsai Learning Center, Julian Adams, Mark Comstock and Owen Reich have sold trees in the past and I expect that they will do so again this year. Rodney may have trees too

I will be selling trees there as my first foray into selling trees at a Bonsai Event. I am a little nervous about they whole thing as most of my trees are cutting/seedling/airlayers I have grown myself.

There are usually 3 or 4 pot sellers as well. Richard Boggs is supposed to be there. I think Eli Adkins and Roy Minarai have been there in the past as well.

Regards,
Martin

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will be there (Waldo Street Pottery), Sonny Boggs, Ron Lang, and those already mentioned. The vendor area has expanded to an additional room as I'm told. I can't say enough about this event, it's really fun and in a great building. Asheville is still the premier event in the SE, but this show could easily grow into something similar. I hope to meet many of you. Mach 5, please introduce yourself as I am a huge fan of your trees here on the nut.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I will be there (Waldo Street Pottery), Sonny Boggs, Ron Lang, and those already mentioned. The vendor area has expanded to an additional room as I'm told. I can't say enough about this event, it's really fun and in a great building. Asheville is still the premier event in the SE, but this show could easily grow into something similar. I hope to meet many of you. Mach 5, please introduce yourself as I am a huge fan of your trees here on the nut.
I dont have any nice trees deserving of pots lol! But I have been wanting a Sonny Boggs pot for a while now....

Cmdrew6115

Seedling
Reaction score
I will defenitely be there. I missed the Asheville show this year due to the birth of my son, but i've seen some incredible trees at the silhouette show in the past few years and am excited for this years show again.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I dont have any nice trees deserving of pots lol! But I have been wanting a Sonny Boggs pot for a while now....

I can't say I blame you... Not that they are alike in any way but their unique-ness, but Sonny is like the American Horst. Great work he does!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

HTR, I certainly will stop by and introduce myself. Looking forward to meeting you as well as some of the other BNut members that will be there.

Top Bottom