2018 Beech Slab

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have been looking at this clump or slab whatever the correct name is, for a couple of years. If you look close you can see all the trees are melted together. It is pretty large and will take something to get it out. I want to wait until I have been successful with another collected Beech. I think this would be a great display on a slab, have never done that but just seem to be what this would go with. I failed to move the leaves at the right side but it is all connected.

BeechClump1.jpg

BeechClump2.jpg

BeechClump3.jpg

BeechClump4.jpg

Any thoughts of how to do this future project are welcome.​

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a hard time imagining this being collected, and bonsaiable. It is a huge main tree, root suckers, and who knows what the roots are like. I absolutely love beech trees, but I wouldn't go for this one.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You've got a few low branches but I don't know what you'd do with the telephone pole trunk on the far left. I think it would be a challenge to get it out of the ground with any chance of survival.

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for your replies. After digging the small one last Saturday in the other thread, I realize this would probably be too much. As you have said no telling what the roots are like, I will keep watching it for now

Top Bottom