2019 Collecting Something1

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Made a trip to our property yesterday to look for trees to collect. It's been cold last week and my Dad could not get out to do much so I figured it would be a good day for him as the land is his old home property. I realize it is a bit early to collect but with my limited time on the weekends and yes maybe the new reciprocating saw, I brought home a couple of trees. I did not recognize what this one is and failed to get a picture of the few brown leaves that where left at the top. I feel good with the amount of roots that this has, did not have a large pot so I cut an old flower pot in half as I was running out of daylight. Just heard the weather for next week, couple of nights in the 20 so I put both of the trees in the filter house that has a light bulb, should keep them from freezing. Any idea of what species this is please let me know.
This one is in turface and pine bark. Pictures do not show it but I did clean most of the old dirt off, did not wash with water, wanted to leave a little of the original dirt.
IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Brian, that went through my mind but was really not sure, I think that is what both of them are. I had it bagged up and my Dad did not get a chance to see it, he is really good with the trees, may not be the real name, just something they named them as boys playing in the woods.
This was first time to look in this area of the property, it was covered with these.

Top Bottom