2019 End-of-Year Bonsai Display

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brought the collection into school school last night and set it up. All told about 60 trees and plants. My third straight year. Kind of cool to see that my trees are making some progress! Talked to about 300 kids this year K-6. A lot of great questions. Kids were excited.20190430_132105.jpg20190430_132125.jpg20190430_132138.jpg20190430_132149.jpg20190430_132209.jpg
One thing I had to show this year is some of my own pottery. Next year the trifecta...tree-pot-stand. Been getting some tips from @Smoke on how to make the stands.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Well done sir. Anything to get kids interested is time well spent.
I wonder how many of those kids are now bugging mom and dad to buy them a starter plant.
Or maybe collecting something to try growing in some small container.
Thanks for taking the time with children, they are our future.

Nice collection of trees.

?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks! I look forward to it every year. I highly recommend it. Get a few of your trees together and get down to your local school. The kids are great and the teachers appreciative!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I think that's great, kudos to you. Maybe it will coax a few kids away from their video games, get their hands dirty and get some satisfaction from something tangible.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a tie in with the school and a couple of my bonsai trees that the kids can relate to. The Chinese elms that I brought in are trees started from seed of the elms on campus. Every year those trees drop tons of leaves and seed on the campus sidewalks. I collect the new crop of seedlings that sprout every spring around campus. They could see the leaf shape of the bonsai and the trees in the courtyard were the same and the light switch really turned on. Fun to watch.

Top Bottom