2019 From seed

Cattwooduk

Shohin
Reaction score
Out of the seeds I started this year I had 2 Acer Nomura and 7 small leaf maple germinated.
Still got the seed trays so will be putting them back under a pane of glass outside for the winter for more stratification, hopefully get some more pop in the spring!

Jzack605

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I collected some seed this year for next.

Coast Redwood from a tree growing in zone 7
Psuedolarix
Weeping Carpinus
Dawn Redwood

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Last year I started Chinese elms with fresh seeds in Sept/Oct without stratification and got +80% germination which I thought was pretty good.

This year I stratified them for 60 days. I have not done an actual count yet but it’s got to be close to 95% or better! I started these last Saturday and they are up in 5 days!

AJL

Chumono
Reaction score
My Crab apples have germinated well, collected and started in the fridge October 2019- Ive now got too many Red Sentinel , Golden Hornet and Wild( green) Crab !! I wonder which will be the first to flower? I hope its in my lifetime!!!
IMG_0624.JPG

Alexpompano

Seedling
Reaction score
I’ve got choctawatchee sand pine (pinus clausa) breaking the soil as we speak! I don’t see a lot of info on them and I didn’t really have access to live specimens so I am very excited to give them a shot! That’s a fun list you’ve got! Best of luck!
I have some myself just be careful they love extremely good drainage and if you put them in the natural Florida sand in a pot they don't drain at all I had success with lava rock, pumice ,akadama and a little "organic matter" pine bark should work for the mycorrhizal thow

Top Bottom