2019 Rocky Mountain Bonsai Society Show Gallery

Lost2301

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All: Interesting discussion. This tree has been in the hand of three masters only. Two of which I know very well. One was instrumental in the early days of the American Bonsai movement and also the first master teacher of Ryan Neil. The second master is also very famous in the US and the World and is a master on conifers. They both are still teaching Bonsai and do it successfully and are beloved for there Bonsai skills and more importantly their compassion for others. I will follow their leadership and let you fine folks analize this tree any way you want. Heres another photo for your discussions. Your right I did take offense on your attack of my two International Bonsai Master friends, it was uncalled for. Their some of the nicest people you will ever meet and their talent level is exceptionally high. The other poster was also correct, I never critique another persons tree unless asked to do so. As for me I think I am just average, however our club might disagree with me. I am the only one in the history of our club to win Emerging Artist of the Year and Artist of the Year at the same time. I how ever still think I am just an average artist. As a severely disabled MS patient I do the best I can every day with what ever abilities I still have left. Some day I will have to quit Bonsai, but not today. :) One more point to make, I posted the first photo just to show a tree that was in the show. I did not ask for a critique of the tree. I would never post some one else's tree and ask for a critique as that would be in poor taste. Hence I did not critique any tree in our show. I find photos are not the best thing to use to critique trees, something always gets lost in photos especially the ones I take. They look much better in person when you can see what your critiquing and take the whole tree in and walk around it and then size the tree up. But your are welcome to your opinion and I will refrain from offering any opinions about any of your talents as a Bonsai artists since I know nothing about any of you. The tree I like best was the boxwood which was entered by a beginner (3rd year). Its a very nice tree for a beginner and she was beaming the whole show. To me this is what Bonsai is all about helping others to succeed. Her mentor is the one you have bad mouthing about this Limber pine. You might also consider they are trying to keep the tree as originally styled by the first owner for historical purposes.

Attachments

• IMG_5606 (2).JPG
    IMG_5606 (2).JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5607 (2).JPG
    IMG_5607 (2).JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom