2019 summer plants

Crassula king

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is a small pinion pine that I collected from relatives land in Utah. It is doing well so far in a mix of fine washed diotomacious earth treating with liquid fertilizer most waterings. I am pretty confident in my ability to keep it healthy, but don't know much about conifer development. Any suggestions on how to develop a decent mame bonsai from this start? My plan now is to let it grow stronger roots(I was able to remove some of the tap root to encourage lateral roots) and cut back any extensive foliage growth on apical buds to get some lateral buds to grow.

This is my amur maple that I purchased spring 2018. the middle branch is coming off in a couple of weeks, hopefully as a successful air layer. This plant has a large root system(hence the large pot) making it a possible root over rock canidate.

These plants are trident maple seedlings from this year. I recently slip potted the crowded pot into this larger pot to allow for more rapid growth. the rocks are to keep all of the stems upright when watered. If anyone else from Northern Utah has experience with keeping trident maples through the winter, I would love some tips.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't see any photos :)

If you are having problems posting them, you can drag and drop them from your desktop right into the post :)

Crassula king

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I don't see any photos :)

If you are having problems posting them, you can drag and drop them from your desktop right into the post :)
Thanks, I will try that later. Mobile seems to have an issue with uploading photos.

Top Bottom