2021 National Bonsai Exhibition - Sept 11-12

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is a pic of my hackberry display
View attachment 397228

I enjoy the fact that the pot is pretty much the size of a Frisbee....with a big ol' tree perched inside!! Them's some nice "horts in shorts" @JudyB

...as well as the over-all feeling of "barely there" simplicity, letting me visualize what the tree is offering paired to the pieces on display.....clean. :cool:

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I enjoy the fact that the pot is pretty much the size of a Frisbee....with a big ol' tree perched inside!! Them's some nice "horts in shorts" @JudyB

...as well as the over-all feeling of "barely there" simplicity, letting me visualize what the tree is offering paired to the pieces on display.....clean. :cool:
Yes those are some hot pants! It's been good in that pot, the roots have trained themselves nicely with that flat skinny container. And if you do care correctly, they are able to be kept in them. I feel the same about the feel, I was glad the leaves were at that correct timing. Thanks!!

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
3-D Display of the exhibition. Stop complaining about no photos... 😁

I would rather have photos, you can't zoom in very good with the 3d thing

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Yes those are some hot pants! It's been good in that pot, the roots have trained themselves nicely with that flat skinny container. And if you do care correctly, they are able to be kept in them. I feel the same about the feel, I was glad the leaves were at that correct timing. Thanks!!
Really though Judy. This tree is so well executed. After watching the video of the show posted on YouTube I def see how well Dennis executed his taper from trunk to each branch. But in my opinion your tree is so dam close to being as exquisite. Great movement, twiggy, elegant. Some of the branches leaving the trunk were maybe slightly thinner than ideal, but your deciduous display was my favorite from what I saw. That’s the tree, stand accent. The whole look was gorgeous.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Really though Judy. This tree is so well executed. After watching the video of the show posted on YouTube I def see how well Dennis executed his taper from trunk to each branch. But in my opinion your tree is so dam close to being as exquisite. Great movement, twiggy, elegant. Some of the branches leaving the trunk were maybe slightly thinner than ideal, but your deciduous display was my favorite from what I saw. That’s the tree, stand accent. The whole look was gorgeous.
Would you mind adding a link to the video you're referring to please? Thank you.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you for the appreciation. Made my day... 😌

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Jonas just posted a few trees along with a pod cast of his doing a critique of them. Also a short interview of Nao Tokutake.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jonas just posted a few trees along with a pod cast of his doing a critique of them. Also a short interview of Nao Tokutake.
Great discussion.

Pelicano919

Seedling
Reaction score
My first is post is fir a speeedy recovery and successful result from your surgical producure.I an a two time veteran with excellent results. Peace

Pelicano919

Seedling
Reaction score
Edit : “for (intentional fir would have been quite clever) speedy recovery” Darn spell check!🥸😙

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
When you purchase the album do you also get digital copies of the photos? It would be nice if I didn't have to worry about destroying them.

You get the printed book. There is no digital media with it.
It is very well done if you want a nice picture book of excellent bonsai trees.
I have the book from the one that I attended and its nice to remember the trip with.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
When i talked with Joe Noga last December he said this book would take longer than the last ones due to covid and stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom