2022 5 year discount rack Chamaecyparis pisifera Filifera

minkes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Bought from local nursery for 29€ as discount price on 13.8.2022. For that price - must have and try :D

For now I just only cleaned unnecessary branches and extra foliage to allow sunlight hit inside and bottom branches. After winter I am planning to repot it to free draining soil (perlite / zeolite / pine bark mix). If the tree will respond well, then I plan first wiring in autumn 2023. I am curious, what I could do with it in 5 years, hopefully not to kill it :)

First pictures are from the purchase day and last 3 pictures were shot today. It is cooler now, so tree is going to its winter purpleish color. You could see the density of the foliage is reduce fair well, so hopefully it will not suffer, but I don't want dieback of inside shoots and bottom branches due to lack of light. Thumbs crossed :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Interesting choice but that cultivar dont have the easiest foliage to work with, probably the best thing to do without grafting is go for a big size femenine weeping style

minkes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Interesting choice but that cultivar dont have the easiest foliage to work with, probably the best thing to do without grafting is go for a big size femenine weeping style
Thats true, but I have small one and it is developing nice as weeping style. So I hope for something similar, but in bigger size. I will post you photo of the small here tomorrow.

minkes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here are photos of smaller one. It is the same cultivar. In spring I want to repot it to my free drain soil mix because it is still in nursery container. I have it for two years and I done on it first major styling and wiring. Now it is with wires removed, nebari looks quite nice and I am happy with it :)

Attachments

• 01chamaecyparis.jpg
    01chamaecyparis.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 02chamaecyparis.jpg
    02chamaecyparis.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 03chamaecyparis.jpg
    03chamaecyparis.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 04chamaecyparis.jpg
    04chamaecyparis.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 05chamaecyparis.jpg
    05chamaecyparis.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 26

minkes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maybe later on I will restyle it for narrower crown - now it feels little bit too wide, but it can be good point to be different from my other trees.

Attachments

• restyling.jpg
    restyling.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom