2022 Discount Rack Contest: Kullas Ilex crenata sky pencil

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will get some wild looks from this one but ima give it a try. I have a vision for this one.
Is it OK to have more than one entry?
If so here it is.
20220623_181111.jpg20220623_181135.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Originally it was one tree per person but it appears I forgot to list it in the rules….oh well 😂

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I need to go back they was just putting stuff on clearance. I suppose after the 4th July may go even deeper discount. I would like to have some of these for the yard.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My partner works in the garden department at lowes. She lets me know if anything good hits the rack. I’m waiting for them to mark down the big trees 😂

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
You got an inside. I'm waiting myself. Couple red maples and crape myrtle is about all that is left. Only jm is bloodgood

Beachbumtreenut

Seedling
Reaction score
My partner works in the garden department at lowes. She lets me know if anything good hits the rack. I’m waiting for them to mark down the big trees 😂
I bought a Japanese maple at Lowes for less than 6 dollars just last month. Tried to air layer with no success, but I was able to get it to look nice. I don't have a receipt anymore but I would love to throw my hat in the ring.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I bought a Japanese maple at Lowes for less than 6 dollars just last month. Tried to air layer with no success, but I was able to get it to look nice. I don't have a receipt anymore but I would love to throw my hat in the ring.
If it was marked down it qualifies

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Add it up more the merrier.

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Originally it was one tree per person but it appears I forgot to list it in the rules….oh well 😂
I was almost going to ask but I’m not sure that I could pick just one tree. I’m a bit of a junk pile ho so I have a handful of stuff like this. Unfortunately I don’t tend to keep receipts.

Can this also count for larger trees that were meant to landscape That I intend to air layer it chop?

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@stu929 as long as it was purchased this year on clearance it’s fair game. Even if it’s a larger tree and all you use is an air layer taken from it. It’s allowed.

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
No worries, I’m looking forward to following along with your thread. 😁
I don’t even know what I’d pick yet. I have 5 it 6 things to choose from that I can think of off the top of my head.

This thread is an enabler to buy more #2 trees my wife won’t be happy lol

stu929

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Top Bottom