2022 discount rack contest: Kullas's Crape myrtle

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Here is my entry. Looked almost dead when I got it a little water goes along way. Maybe I can learn something with this tree. From Home Depot. It was on the discount rack with no tags. I could tell it was some sort of crape myrtle. I inquired about the price and was told $6. It will be interesting for me to see how this tree progresses or more important how I progress. This tree was purchased between the 1st and middle of April 2022.
20220411_110119.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I almost entered the black diamond one from a clump I got off the discount rack for $5. I split it up into 4 separate plants so $1.25 a plant 😂. I’m looking forward to see what you can do with this one.

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I almost entered the black diamond one from a clump I got off the discount rack for $5. I split it up into 4 separate plants so $1.25 a plant 😂. I’m looking forward to see what you can do with this one.
Thanks. This is definitely a learning experience for me. I just hope to be able to do it some resemblance of justice. I do need to get another discount tree just incase I dispatch this one :)

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a steal! And good job on nursing it back to health. 👍👍

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
For the contest I would like to see maybe a 2 inch trunk. In total I would like to see a 3.5 to 4 inch trunk. I guess time will tell

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Deer came by and took a big chunk out of the tops of me crape a couple weeks ago. It's made a strong comeback. Planted in good compost and being fed fert once a week. I pit up some wire around my in ground planted items. Maybe they will stay away I would hate to buy another freezer. 20220615_080953.jpgnot to bad from the first pic.

Top Bottom