21st century kids

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score

Signed by 11,258 liars from 153 countries each and everyone bought by big money from conservationists
Seems like not only Mickey Mouse but hypnotists and naturopaths are some of the ''scientists'' doing the finger wagging on your list. Oh Dear! ....... can't wait to get my hands on the whole list!

Last edited:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Orion_metalhead ,
@Carol 83

trying to keep it positive and lighter - more as friends.

Maybe this will help.
7 years of Chemistry, Biology and Physics [ A's with distinctions ]
Same for Literature, History, Geography.
I spend 2 to 3 weeks at the Univerity library reading every year
and I still do hand written notes.

Our eduction was based on the UK O and A Levels from Cambridge.
My teachers were Irish Brothers amd Nuns. Also the occasional
priest.
They all had Masters at what ever level they taught,

I read a lot and love to experiment.

My family keeps their privacy, but I can tell when I studied in
England, I was hired before I left school.
I worked in power generation and retired at 50.
I am 56.

Before Karate Kid, there were Chinese Kung Fu movies,
the backgrounds always had Tree Penjing [ Bonsai ]
and I am leaving an image from Space 1999 below
which I believe is also before Karate Kid.

As Bonsai goes, if you get the book by Murata, you
will see that ideas were being borrowed from commercial
growers for J.b.pines and it was not a good idea.
Good Day
Anthony

* House at Mayaro should be ready for use by March
next year ----- you are welcome to visit. [ you too Carol ]
Cost is a tank of cooking gas and you should have an
international driving permit.
You can stay in Trindad for up to 6 months.

Be warned our trees are designed from Mature trees
seen down here. Not cookie cutters.

space 1999 - 1976 - The Taybor

space.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Seems like not only Mickey Mouse but hypnotists and naturopaths are some of the ''scientists'' doing the finger wagging on your list. Oh Dear! ....... can't wait to get my hands on the whole list!
..."On Thursday morning, the site was updated and said it had "removed 34 names from the original list, most of which were duplicates."

PRECISELY scientific method! Theses guys are good with details... and follow-through. I should have read further.... "Kai Chan, a professor at the University of British Columbia's Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability in Vancouver, signed the declaration published Tuesday. He said it's unfortunate a fake name made its way on the list but that he's not entirely surprised. When vetting a list as long as this, there is always a potential for error, he said, no matter how carefully the vetting is done."

Think of the known variables of editing a list of people who claim to be scientists verses the unknown variables to be unscrambled to analyze the climate. These are people who would have us believe that they know the future of the climate! Carefully done, indeed.

Last edited:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look let's get to the bottom all this.
Big Business does as it wishes.

The idea is to get rich and be dammed all who
come later on. [ are born later ]

There is normally a feeling of helplessness that comes
with topics like these.
Which becomes depression, especially as you get older.

Beat it with Science.
If Co2 is the problem, lock it up.
There is always a solution - do - don't type frustrations.
Good Day
Anthony

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
And if Co2 is not a problem? The list of things that so-called science said was going to kill us, or vice versa, that later proved to be specious is too long to recite. Climate change skeptics see this a just another attempt to control one group by another group. The party of the first part says, "We have the truth." The party of the second part says, "Prove it to our satisfaction." Pick a side, any side. Will it ever change? Stupid question...

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Forsoothe! ,

if co2 inot the problem and there is no climate change,
then what does it matter ?

Just went looking for simple casette recorder and tapes.
To see if they still exist.
Down here they have vapourised.
Found multiples on Amazon.
Same for Lps.

So why these useless cds, that fail with short ageing or
computer memory inserts.
I like music, not the video clips.
Why get everyone onto new devices?
Sales and paying for research.............................
Good Day
Anthony

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think that the climate warming deniers are a small minority here, that most sensible people just stay away from that nonsense.

OK, coal is a clean source of energy, both my granpas, miners, died from it, but it's clean, so the trumper says, and the imbeciles blieve it.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't remember saying or seeing coal as clean. Please quote my post or whoever said that so we can continue the conversation. If you're going to set the agenda, maybe you should stick to it.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I think that the climate warming deniers are a small minority here, that most sensible people just stay away from that nonsense.

OK, coal is a clean source of energy, both my granpas, miners, died from it, but it's clean, so the trumper says, and the imbeciles blieve it.
What's a climate warming denier?
There's nothing wrong with coal. It ended the cutting down of the entire forest cover of Europe to make iron and glass. It is quite easy to filter particulate matter from the burning process and to rehabilitate mined areas to make coal sustainable for the next five hundred years.... or until we have alternatives that actually work.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
..."On Thursday morning, the site was updated and said it had "removed 34 names from the original list, most of which were duplicates."

PRECISELY scientific method! Theses guys are good with details... and follow-through. I should have read further.... "Kai Chan, a professor at the University of British Columbia's Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability in Vancouver, signed the declaration published Tuesday. He said it's unfortunate a fake name made its way on the list but that he's not entirely surprised. When vetting a list as long as this, there is always a potential for error, he said, no matter how carefully the vetting is done."

Think of the known variables of editing a list of people who claim to be scientists verses the unknown variables to be unscrambled to analyze the climate. These are people who would have us believe that they know the future of the climate! Carefully done, indeed.

Oh this just gets better and better...This guy looked at just names from Canada.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow. I'm speechless....but not quite. Tell me you don't believe that silly made up sketch about historical temperatures. This is a joke right?
I like how you express immediate bias because of the visual representation. I take it you're not actually familiar with the source, XKCD, then?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oh this just gets better and better...This guy looked at just names from Canada.

I'd sure like to hear a little chatter from the airheads on this one. Maybe, from one of the airhead signatories?

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like how you express immediate bias because of the visual representation. I take it you're not actually familiar with the source, XKCD, then?
It shows the MWP as being 1C cooler than today. Would you like me to show you a few of the hundreds of papers showing that it was at least 1C (if not more) warmer than today? - world wide. Did you know that Greenland was farmed during this period? Did you know that melting glaciers today reveal evidence of farming and habitation which until recently have been under many metres of ice? It does not even mention the Roman warm period.
It's school kid garbage. It should be relegated to the scrap heap of history as soon as possible.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'd sure like to hear a little chatter from the airheads on this one. Maybe, from one of the airhead signatories?
It will slowly and quietly vanish into the ether, never to be seen again. I think they have been embarrassed enough.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
90 fires erupted in Australia today.
Drought brought on by climate change.
Maybe they didn't get the message.
The great conservationist trumpy says they need to get out and rake the woods like native Americans did.
The science denier in chief himself.
You can not make this stuff up.
Comedy and blunders at every step.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A lot of potential compost --- hmmmm
How about solar / wind powered desalination plants and inland
pumps.
No more exhausting water tables / rivers - hmmm

Do fires mean, that too many humans are in an area ?

Meanwhile lots of rain and clouds locally, minimum power
generation. Fridges off at night.
Adapt.
No need to water Bonsai for days,
Ficus p. self defoliates.
Good Day
Anthony

Top Bottom