21st century kids

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Has anyone ever gone outside and noted the hottness of the sun on your skin?

You do realize the sun is ever changing yes?

Think of how stupid it would be to take a can of hairspray with CFCs to the sun and make a fireball like you are killing cockroaches. Not really gonna happen, huh?

When Yellowstone Blows, I reckon you'll get about a day to think of this stupid fucking thread.

All ya.

I'll be in my Bunker, writing shit on the walls.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Sphinx is a Cheetah.

Sorce

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do fires mean, that too many humans are in an area ?
In this case it is just rains that are not coming, and increased temperatures.
But don't worry. Climate Change is just made up by conservationists who want to get your taxes.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The big fool tells you to push on.

I learned to play this song when I had just turned 18 - nostalgia... 🥴

And almost 50 years later, I can read... horse manure from trumpers. Just can't believe it. How can some people be so ignorant , Because anyway they'll die before the shit hits the fan ?

Just can't believe it.

OK, "let's pray" ! 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Frigging clowns.

:mad:

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
90 fires erupted in Australia today.
Drought brought on by climate change.
Maybe they didn't get the message.
The great conservationist trumpy says they need to get out and rake the woods like native Americans did.
The science denier in chief himself.
You can not make this stuff up.
Comedy and blunders at every step.
The trouble with alarmists like this bloke is that they seem to have lost the capacity to see much further than the NOSE ON THEIR FACES. This is what happens when you shoot your mouth off like a Godzilla.
Have a look at this data. See that little red patch in the east in 2018? That is the current drought. Then take a gander at 1915 or 1940. Then mosey on down to 1974 or 1917. You can detect a modern climate change signal in the rainfall patterns can you? Or are you are in your little safe space and cannot see this?
You can't make this stuff up! Comedy blunders at every step!
Next time Frary, try not to set yourself up for such an easy smackdown.

Last edited:

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
In this case it is just rains that are not coming, and increased temperatures.
But don't worry. Climate Change is just made up by conservationists who want to get your taxes.
Drought does increase the chance of fire. Temperatures have nothing to do with it. It's dryness plus fuel load. Ask any fire fighter.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
The big fool tells you to push on.

I learned to play this song when I had just turned 18 - nostalgia... 🥴

And almost 50 years later, I can read... horse manure from trumpers. Just can't believe it. How can some people be so ignorant , Because anyway they'll die before the shit hits the fan ?

Just can't believe it.

OK, "let's pray" ! 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Frigging clowns.

:mad:
For just once, instead of waving your hand and blaming Trump for everything, come up with some kind of coherent argument backed up by reliable data. You are just making yourself look stupider and stupider every time you post a silly music video. Some one singing a song is not an argument.

Sno

Mame
Reaction score
Drought does increase the chance of fire. Temperatures have nothing to do with it. It's dryness plus fuel load. Ask any fire fighter.
I fight fires . Fire danger ratings are based on temperature and wind speed . Fuel load is a factor as is humidity but temp and wind create the bad fire days . I’ve seen places burn with out much fuel around them while others that are surrounded by trees and scrub barely get scorched . Why ? The answer is blowing in the wind .

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Basically my stance... idk if climate change is man made or not, nor do i care... if we can propose things which benefit both mankind and the environment, why are we arguing over it? We should want to advance technologically in a way that reduces environmental impact because it is good for everyone and everything, not because there is a chance it will raise global temps by x-degrees or whatever.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We should want to advance technologically in a way that reduces environmental impact because it is good for everyone and everything
Technology got us in the mess to start with. I wonder whether it is not our mentality that needs to change :confused:. Unfortunately, as long as there are large groups of people who cannot for themselves admit, or are not capable of realizing that we as a species have severe impacts on our environment, modifying it to an extend that it can indeed cost us a livable planet -for mankind-.. It will be hard to get to constructive ideas on how we should change our behaviour.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
True, however technology is mankind's greatest vice. As a species we will never collectively choose to abandon advancement for the better good.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
There are billions of us and you expect us to achieve a consensus on a subject where one side says,"The sky is falling and the cleanest jurisdictions have to clean up their act while the dirtiest can conduct business as usual".

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I fight fires . Fire danger ratings are based on temperature and wind speed . Fuel load is a factor as is humidity but temp and wind create the bad fire days . I’ve seen places burn with out much fuel around them while others that are surrounded by trees and scrub barely get scorched . Why ? The answer is blowing in the wind .
Yes I neglected to mention wind. It's very important. It's the wind (with low humidity) not the temperature which removes moisture with the greatest efficiency. Have you ever noticed that after watering, your trees will dry out much faster on a day which is say 20 degrees and windy as opposed to a day which is 30 but dead still? But besides all that, I was referring to Frary's stupid notion that an average of 0.8 degrees rise in temperatures over the last 100 years has increased the risk of fire. It's pure garbage. Drought is the most important factor which lays down the deadly conditions, and as I have shown in post 345, drought has nothing to do with so called climate change. The reason NSW coast is burning is because it's dry as a chip, (and windy) not because it's hot.

Sno

Mame
Reaction score
No Michael . Temperature is one of the main reasons for fire . Here in Australia we have ‘ total fire bans ‘ on very hot days regardless of the wind . We do not have ‘total fire bans ‘ ( even though I personally think we should ) on a cold but windy day . We are allowed to have outside fires over 1 cubic metre without a permit (even though I personally think we should have to have permits for this .) during the colder months . During the hotter months we are required a permit which can be cancelled due to hot weather or windy weather . At the moment in NSW all permits are cancelled because of the emergency up north .
This fire event has come about because of the drought . This drought is different from other known droughts because of the higher temperatures we are experiencing . I don’t know the records but this winter besides not much rain there has been above average temperatures up north which has caused higher evaporation rates ,which has caused lower humidity levels . So the place is on fire , poor buggers .
In the middle of winter when the frosts have dried out the grasses I’m not to worried if I am called out to a fire even if it is windy . In summer on the really hot days I keep looking at the horizon for smoke when you add wind on those days my gut gets that queasy feeling ,

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
No Michael . Temperature is one of the main reasons for fire . Here in Australia we have ‘ total fire bans ‘ on very hot days regardless of the wind . We do not have ‘total fire bans ‘ ( even though I personally think we should ) on a cold but windy day . We are allowed to have outside fires over 1 cubic metre without a permit (even though I personally think we should have to have permits for this .) during the colder months . During the hotter months we are required a permit which can be cancelled due to hot weather or windy weather . At the moment in NSW all permits are cancelled because of the emergency up north .
This fire event has come about because of the drought . This drought is different from other known droughts because of the higher temperatures we are experiencing . I don’t know the records but this winter besides not much rain there has been above average temperatures up north which has caused higher evaporation rates ,which has caused lower humidity levels . So the place is on fire , poor buggers .
In the middle of winter when the frosts have dried out the grasses I’m not to worried if I am called out to a fire even if it is windy . In summer on the really hot days I keep looking at the horizon for smoke when you add wind on those days my gut gets that queasy feeling ,
I live in Australia and I am on the land. We do not have total fire bans - where I live - on hot days. We have the bans during periods of low humidity and high winds. It just happens that in summer, high temps usually accompany the north wind because it comes down from the dry centre and yes it increases moisture loss but it is a mistake to think that temperature is the main reason for fire. The wet tropics are always hot but it almost never burns there because it is humid and wet. When it does burn, it is due to drought, not a change in temperature. The temps don't vary much. The reason most people think that it's the heat that is the main reason is that they fail to realize it is actually the dry wind which removes the moisture 10 times faster than higher temperatures - and of course fire cannot travel very quickly on still days. You could have a day of 40 and not have dangerous fires if there is no wind. Unfortunately there usually is wind so everyone conflates catastrophic conditions with the heat. I burn off every year and I have heaps up to 10 cubic metres or more in the middle of a paddock. There is no problem lighting them on still warm days but I don't go near them if it is windy regardless of temps. Why do you think that fires have infiltrated into Qld rainforest this September for ''supposedly'' the first time? Is it the heat - which is always there or the lack of water? In the far distant future when Australia sits in the tropic zones, the vegetation will change. leaves will hold more water, heat will increase but the fires will decrease. Think PNG.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
90 fires erupted in Australia today.
Drought brought on by climate change.
Maybe they didn't get the message.
The great conservationist trumpy says they need to get out and rake the woods like native Americans did.
The science denier in chief himself.
You can not make this stuff up.
Comedy and blunders at every step.
This is for the guy in his safe space ( with his fingers in his ears going Lah Lah Lah Lah ) and for anyone else who likes truth over hysteria. So much for ''Climate change'' causing more frequent or more severe fires.
Don't you just hate it Frary, when facts get in the way of a good story?

Attachments

• fire.GIF
    fire.GIF
    45.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
attachment not readable enough to be useful

Top Bottom